Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
People in that area need to have a plan to get-out-of-Dodge.
BB

[h=1]10/17/2012 β€” Bayou Corne Sinkhole information[/h] October 17, 2012 by sincedutch
Current information on the Bayou Corne Sinkhole β€” Dimensions, depth, nearby pipelines, and where the relief wells are placed in relation to the sinkhole :
Sinkhole Profile
[url]http://www.edsuite.com/proposals/proposals_280/sinkhole_profile_100412_fi_493.pdf[/URL]

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
Florida Pipeline Gas Transmission Profile
[url]http://www.edsuite.com/proposals/proposals_280/florida_pipeline_gas_transmission_profile_fi_361.jpg[/URL]

Sinkhole Dimensions
[url]http://www.edsuite.com/proposals/proposals_280/sinkhole_dimensions_10-12-2012_fi_496.jpg[/URL]

Salt Dome Vent Well and Sinkhole Map

many thanks to bayou corne blog: [url]http://lasinkhole.com/[/URL]
Also, here is the google doc of the emergency declaration issued on Oct. 12, 2012 for the area:
[url]https://docs.google.com/open?id=167MQNl42rQpy8TW58uEoJTzLvjv-QOAq-irEG7AzMyI9NLTDB8oVNqNdoVGd[/URL]

Here is a playlist I put together of all the Bayou Corne Townhall meetings, official meetings, and press briefings:
Additionally, here is a playlist I put together of all the Bayou Corne sinkhole flyovers and site visits:
[h=3]Share this:[/h]

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeeze! That is a huge sink hole! Hope people heed the warnings. Stay safe.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it was in the Natural Disaster section I was reading up on this? Can't be sure, atm.
This video, may could help some folks understand better, what they are dealing with.
About 14:44, it tells of the worst salt dome collapse, The Jefferson Island salt mine.

[video[/video]

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
More tremor activity at the site halts operations:

WWL - AM870 | FM105.3 | News | Talk | Sports - Tremors At Assumption Sinkhole Halt Work

Assumption Parish officials say a moderate increase in tremors at the 15-acre sinkhole near Bayou Corne has prevented some work there since Wednesday.

Parish emergency preparedness director John Boudreaux says the tremors aren't strong enough to indicate another edge collapse. And he says they sometimes drop from the current level.

The last slough-in and burp was in mid-April. It added about three acres to the sinkhole.

Texas Brine, state and parish officials have said the tremors and surface slough-ins occur normally as the sinkhole finds its final shape and size.

Friday marked the ninth month that 350 residents of Bayou Corne and Grand Bayou have been under an evacuation order.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New salt dome sinkhole activity, 8/21/13.
These guys are either incredibly brave, or incredibly........ er........ naΓ―ve.
Everyone in La, heads up! (I wish that was funny) Good luck and do keep an eye on that thing!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New video update today for folks. Seems the trees are moving again. I'm not sure what the graph is about at the end, perhaps land tremors happening?
Again, folks in that area, heads up and ears perked! I hope everyone can and will be safe during this thing reforming the land.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
More bubbles more than 3/4 of a mile from the original sink hole.

New bubbles found in Bayou Corne-area sinkhole - Houston Chronicle

Google Earth picture to help understand the significance:

20140302_bubbles.jpg

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
guess I'll cancel my vacation there

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
by Texas Brine drilling for salt using injection methods, or in one word, "fracking".

You are unable to leave politics out of any post!

I would suggest actually understanding the geology involved in fracking (you NEVER find oil in salt domes unless the government put it there back in the 1970's).

I also request that you refrain from injecting politics into everything ... or do you think this post does not refer to you as well?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/website-news/403435-read-now-rules.html#post3881698

I think he was serious.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Last edited:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In no way did I inject politics into this at all, stop attacking me. Maybe you should read the rules.

In reading the Wike explanation, it clearly states that Texas Brine has no idea why this happened but they do inject chemicals and water into the geology in order to harvest the brine which they dry to use as a base for lye. It might not be fracturing shale, but it is using fracturing mining.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
In no way did I inject politics into this at all, stop attacking me. Maybe you should read the rules. In reading the Wike explanation, it clearly states that Texas Brine has no idea why this happened but they do inject chemicals and water into the geology in order to harvest the brine which they dry to use as a base for lye. It might not be fracturing shale, but it is using fracturing mining.

Yep, since "fracking" - while not involved in the collapse - is a hot button POLITICAL ISSUE, you have injected politics into the discussion.

Brine is a salt product and is not produced by fracking.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are unable to leave politics out of any post! I would suggest actually understanding the geology involved in fracking (you NEVER find oil in salt domes unless the government put it there back in the 1970's). I also request that you refrain from injecting politics into everything ... or do you think this post does not refer to you as well? http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/website-news/403435-read-now-rules.html#post3881698 I think he was serious.

Dave's statement was about geology, not politics. Why go off on him, why don't you just correct his geology. No one is asking you to actually be civil to him, but maybe you could consider it........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread