Hello from alaska

dreamerak

Greenie
Mar 17, 2012
alaska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow hunters, My name is Terry... I'm a Born and Raised Alaskan that is finally after my 38th Bday have decided its time to do what i've always wanted to do up here and get out and explore my great wide open state and see if I cant start the new gold rush or even better... I've explored this state all my life and know all the secret little spots most dont but never had the equipment or real know how of prospecting and/or Treasure hunting... Well, as I see it is you dont know whats there until you look so off I go this spring.... I still have a few months of winter in front of me so I am trying to collect all the information I can on different tecniques and equipment to use serching for gold and other treasures... I am ready to buy a metal detector and am looking on suggestions on an inexpensive, decent one.... If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it and if anyone is thinking about coming up north or wants any info. about up here, please feel free to hit me up!!!!

Happy hunting to you all!!!! :blob7: :headbang: :headbang: :blob7:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Terry

PG16996 (2).jpg

Attachments

• PG16996 (2).jpg
    PG16996 (2).jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 175

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello and WELCOME TO T-NET Dreamrak!!! :hello:

After watching Gold Rush and Bering Sea Gold, I been itching to go to Alaska as well. You are lucky enough to already be there!

Everyone has opinions on detectors to suit ones needs. You can find any information on them in the metal detecting threads.

OP
OP
D

dreamerak

Greenie
Mar 17, 2012
alaska
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone;

I'm finding the site very helpful.... really enjoying all the posts and helpfulness everyone gives here.... I have a good feeling you guys will see alot of me around here... As for the post about "Alaska gold rush and Bering sea gold", dont believe everything you see on t.v., its not as easy as they show on t.v even though alaska does have a GREAT opportunity to find some color....Personally being an Alaskan, I wish they would take those shows off the air.... If you ever do get up this way feel free to hit me up...

Happy Hunting!!!! :occasion14:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the shows are a bunch of drama BS. I know it isn't that easy to find gold like they show it does. I know it takes hard work, dedication adn a good area. Alaska is one of the last frontiers that doesn't have as much traffic as the lower 48 has that is for sure!

Lots of remotes areas just waiting to be found

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, always wanted to go there detecting but with Griz and wolves running around along with crazy gold fevor miners thought its best not to get shot for something I didnt know about like claim jumping on accident. Take a look at the reviews on the MXT they work real good on gold along with the Fisher Gold bug 2, you can usually find a good deal if your patient.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread