Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Locoslair

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All! Haven't bought a detector yet, but have been reading a lot of great books about M.D. At 55 yrs. old I figure I need another hobby besides playing guitar. Plan on getting my detector soon maybe the AT PRO. I want to use it 60% at the beach and the rest inland or misc..I live right outside Annapolis and there is so much history down here and unexplored places I've been looking at locally. I'm starting to think like i've already started. I head to Ocean city MD often, and am planning on practicing beach hunting when I get down there! OK, I'm open to any suggestions anybody has, and hope to be posting my finds here....very soon....Lots of luck..LOCO

King Midas

Tenderfoot
Oct 25, 2012
Chatham, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Minelab E-Trac
Whites IDX
Fisher 1280-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Virginia! I started metal detecting many, many years ago. My first detector was a $19.95 RS BFO detector so you know I've been doing this for a while. Several years ago I took a break from detecting that lasted longer than I intended but now I've returned to one of my favorite hobbies. Happy Hunting to all of you. I'm going "dirt fishing"!

osage express

Oct 22, 2012
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236-x2 --Whites TM808---Whites Bullseye 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Hope i can be of help and get help...Osage

David of MS

Greenie
Oct 27, 2012
Ellisville, MS
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
New to treasure hunting and this website. I'm retired US Navy and proud of 22 years of service. I retired as an E-8. Married for six years and my age is 66. My first wife died in 2005.
Looking forward learning a lot from all of you. From a little research there probably is little to find in MS but time will tell.

David

shedseeker

Oct 28, 2012
ny
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster GT , Garrett ace 250 , Garrett AT PRO
Garrett AT pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
HI all !! im from ny and been a lurker for awhile. I really enjoy this site and joined !! Im kinda new into MDing but am planning on doing alot and having fun digging !! this site has a ton of info and very helpfull members as i see . I look forward to reading and posting my finds for the years to come !! im also into bottle finding/digging and have quite the assortment.

traildust

Oct 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all, I'm a Texas hunter for about 12 years and have loved every minute. I hope I will be able to help others on this site as well as get some help

Charlesp54

Oct 31, 2012
Hernando Ms / Memphis Tn
Detector(s) used
ATPro, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Propointer, 11" DD Coil, 5" DD Coil, 8" Concentric Coil, BH Tracker 4, Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone Charles here from Ms, This is a great site and I am happy to be a member.

Locoslair

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys and girls....OK I keep thinking what metal detector will I buy, before the sand heals up from hurricane Sandy..I'm thinking At Pro, or Fisher CZ-3D.? This will be my first detector, at 55 yrs old, and I need a good hobby/challenge. From what i've read, this hobby can become addicting..That's ok, i'll try anything once and if I like it i'll end up in a 12 step program anyhow. No grey area..Any suggestions on the detector? I'm open to all and any ideas!
Thanks Loco

aicrag

Tenderfoot
Nov 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks.. being a part of this site is highly appreciated..

Nov 2, 2012
Tavernier, Florida
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello to everyone! I am not new to treasure recovery/hunting but alas I am new to the site. I have lived in Upstate New York for the past 39 years and will be moving to the florida keys in the next week. How are the prospects for finding treasures on the beaches and in shallower water down there? What kind of metal detector should I use for saltwater on the beach and in the water?? Used to detecting on dry land up here in the northeast. Hope to hear from some of you who do beach and saltwater detecting. Thank you all ahead of time.

Kampnhuntr

Oct 11, 2012
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Amigo II , White's XLT, Fisher Gold Strike, Minelab Pro-Find Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy, New to this site, what a GREAT site, Thank You to all who contribute to it.
My husband & I recently moved from GA to SW MO (back home again) Have been Metal Detecting off & on for a few years. Still have a lot to learn!
Live in a rural area on farm, so far have only found old horse shoes & misc. here.

peebs

Tenderfoot
Nov 5, 2012
colorado
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone, Bill here from Colorado. I have done a fair bit of panning around here in the past, but it;s been a few years since I have been out there. Getting ready to head to Arizona, (Prescott area)for a few days around the 15th. Thought I might give the Lynx Creek area a try. Any suggestions?

sardius

Nov 5, 2012
Latonia, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, ACE 350, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all... Bob from Northern Kentucky. became bitten by the MD bug about a year ago. I currently have 3 detectors... all Garretts... Ace 250, Ace 350 and just got <thanks to my lovely wife> AT PRO. I've searched my yard in which my house was built in 1907. i've found some interesting things and became very acquainted with my 350 primarily. I did find my first silver a week ago at my sister in laws house. a Mercury 1916 dime... wasnt a -d- but it was still significant for me at this point. Looking forward to hitting my yard as well as several places I have researched and have gained permission to hunt on. I look forward to reading more.. and if there's anyone that sees this from the greater cincinnati area... hit me up!

boucaneer

Greenie
Nov 5, 2012
London/India
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks! Alex from England here! I work with the Thames Marine Service in London, England and I'm interested in underwater sniping and also panning and sluicing.

I'm off to Asia soon and gonna be living in the jungle in my hennassy hammock hopefully finding some gold.

Good to be here!

Cheers!

utah1

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2012
Provo, Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just another Newbie from utah, do not know the site very well, but anyway I have a DFX about 3 or 4 yrs, but lately have really spent some time detecting (20 hrs or so) and still have not found a coin. Just looking for advice or suggestions, can't wait to dig up a coin, must be a rush!!!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello I'm from NH and I am new to detecting. I have a lot of questions where I live we have a lot of old colonial foundations ,roads, indian trails and i thought it would be neat to check them out. I see them when I'm out deer hunting . So I'm going to give it a try..
Some of the best places come from hunters,in the woods seeing what's where! Scope it out dude! God Blewss Chris

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi,
New to treasure hunting and this website. I'm retired US Navy and proud of 22 years of service. I retired as an E-8. Married for six years and my age is 66. My first wife died in 2005.
Looking forward learning a lot from all of you. From a little research there probably is little to find in MS but time will tell.

David
I was a BubbleHead my self 1970. Only thing I did'nt like was being told WHAT TO DO!!!! Enjoy your new hobby,it's COOL!!! God Bless Chris

utah1

Tenderfoot
Oct 1, 2012
Provo, Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I could use a little help I have a Whites DFX, I'm not sure maybe I pass over good targets and dig up the bad ones. With all the bells and whilst you would not think that's possible, but I've yet to find a coin a mist all noise. I guess when I do finally hear a good tone and dig up a coin I'll know how it will sound. Snowing today so don't know when I'll get out again. What kind of locations do you search and have success? New to this site, maybe you will never see this post, good luck to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread