Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Beach Hunter

Jun 24, 2012
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Tesoro Sand Shark 10' coil Howie Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, just joined up today. Still a rookie at metal detecting hope to learn some tricks of the trade. I search the beaches here in south Florida ( Palm Beach and Broward counties) welcome any beach tips. Thanks in advance

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach Hunter said:
Hey everyone, just joined up today. Still a rookie at metal detecting hope to learn some tricks of the trade. I search the beaches here in south Florida ( Palm Beach and Broward counties) welcome any beach tips. Thanks in advance

Welcome Beach Hunter! Two words low and slow is the best tips!

diggerDude64

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2012
Rocky Point NY
Detector(s) used
ACE 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone!!! Im from New York and am a beginner to detecting still. I've ordered my first detector and can wait to start hunting for treasure. I don't know any spots worth looking in yet, but i think I'm going to try the beach first. Thanks for the great site and good hunting to all of you!!!

Sincerely, diggerDude64

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggerDude64 said:
Hello everyone!!! Im from New York and am a beginner to detecting still. I've ordered my first detector and can wait to start hunting for treasure. I don't know any spots worth looking in yet, but i think I'm going to try the beach first. Thanks for the great site and good hunting to all of you!!!

Sincerely, diggerDude64

Welcome diggerdude64, the beach is the best place to learn your detector, a long handle scoop saves your back, if you don't have you need to get one. Acman

foreverturk

Jun 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After three days of hunting with the Ace 250 and a few hours digging the wet sand because of the falses (newbie mistake not turning down the sensitivity) I don't have much to report other than how good it feels to learn that machine, and digging that first quarter out of the ground made me feel like a kid on Christmas eve! Lots of sand erosion from Debby here on FLs east coast! Really excited to see what it turns up in the next few relentless hunts! :)

foreverturk

Jun 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JennaL30 said:
Hello. I am new to metal detecting. I am from New Hampshire and enjoy reading all of your posts on treasurenet.

Hi Jenna :)

Migs

Jun 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
White's Classic SL II
Compass Yukon 77b
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Everyone. I'm from Sacto CA and new to metal detecting. This is a great forum to share and learn. In the two weeks on this hobby I've found around $10 in coins, one silver ring, one silver bracelet, and of course a ton of pull tabs. I just got my hands on a Excalibur 1000 first gen, and need to repair the coil cable as its showing tears...Thinking of using those patches used for fixing flats on a bike to water-seal the cracks. Shoot me any ideas/suggestions!

Thanks!

cdale30

Jun 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone

My name is John-Marc I live in in Tiderwater Virginia and have been metal detceting here and in Honolulu HI do to my job. I also enjoy going to North Carolina and rock hounding. I use a Predator 3 and a Tesoro Sand Shark.

Ark

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, my name's Ark. From Mumbai, India. Have been a collector of sorts over the past 30 years. Picked up interest in 'treasure' hunting looking for fossils, rocks during my travels to the middle east.
Thank you for accepting me.

Tedly1948

Jun 28, 2012
My name is Ted and am living in Ankeny, IA. I have a Bounty Hunter. 4 with a Garrett pointer. Am very interested n hooking up w local hunters n central iowa area.

whity123

Jul 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Completely new to metal detecting

Hi all
I am completely new to this at the age of 62 and only having one leg hope to enjoy this new hobby all ways wanted to but never seemed to have the time and living in U.K we have a long history of invasions through the century's.Thank's to all of you in advance because i am sure i will be asking you guys for help

Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread