Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello treasure folk! I'm both a prospector and detector-swinger but only a prospector while its still allowed. I'm trying overcome some physical challenges while the west coast is overcoming some legal challenges. Situated in the high Rockies, I'm looking forward to dusting off the old excal and learning how to use the new AT gold. If there's one thing I've learned about treasure is I'm always going to be a student. I'm looking forward to interacting with you all.

JJ3

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2015
Lawton, OK.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Pick, the Left coast is full of challenges:laughing7:. Where are you located in the Rockies?

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Pick, the Left coast is full of challenges:laughing7:. Where are you located in the Rockies?
I'm Near Bailey Colorado, JJ. You're right about the Coast. Found anything with that GTI 2500?

Last edited:

JJ3

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2015
Lawton, OK.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep Pick, fm pennies to silver dollars, old relic guns, ball shot, rings, and military regalia. I think it's all in the research. Get some old maps, use the public Library and talk, talk, talk to the locals.... I enjoyed the Cut Throat Café. Great part of the Country

Last edited:

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Cuthroat Cafe is pretty good if you don't expect more than greasy spoon comfort food. I'm getting some background on an old schoolhouse not far from here. If you're near here again, we should hook up.

JJ3

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2015
Lawton, OK.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kodiak, that's quite an arsenal you have there. As the man-about-town, do you think Western & Eastern Treasures mag. is worth the money, and do you know of any promo codes for a years sub.?

JJ3

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2015
Lawton, OK.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will be Motor-Homing thru Co. Springs, and Denver on our way to Or. Id. and Mt in June. You're a little of the beaten path, but thanks for the offer. Private email: [email protected] Plan to do some gold mining in Hellena Mt. this year. Ny, Buffalo trip planned for Aug. Great place to shoot for coins, and enjoy the local food. See if your School House had an outhouse. That was a great place to hide things in for obvious reasons :laughing7:

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will be Motor-Homing thru Co. Springs, and Denver on our way to Or. Id. and Mt in June. You're a little of the beaten path, but thanks for the offer. Private email: [email protected] Plan to do some gold mining in Hellena Mt. this year. Ny, Buffalo trip planned for Aug. Great place to shoot for coins, and enjoy the local food. See if your School House had an outhouse. That was a great place to hide things in for obvious reasons :laughing7:
I'll look for the 'convenience' as it was called. Good tip.

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy!
Logan County Oklahoma here. I'm American by birth, and a cowboy by choice. I carry a Garrett AT Pro, and find my share of goodies. Relic/cache hunting, and coin shooting. (Still lookin for that cache) I love history and metal detecting helps me live it. I've visited TNet for years, and figured it was time to join up. Thanks for havin me!

JJ3

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2015
Lawton, OK.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy!
Logan County Oklahoma here. I'm American by birth, and a cowboy by choice. I carry a Garrett AT Pro, and find my share of goodies. Relic/cache hunting, and coin shooting. (Still lookin for that cache) I love history and metal detecting helps me live it. I've visited TNet for years, and figured it was time to join up. Thanks for havin me!

U.B., you know being from OK that Cache is 10miles west of Lawton. Hi fm Lawton :hello:

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean it's been that close all along!? Thats funny! :)

MDGUY_LI

May 5, 2015
Nassau County, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Makro CF77 Coin Finder
Makro Waterproof Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I am very happy to know that I can come here with any questions and get advice from those who have experience in metal detecting. I am new to the hobby and apparently i'm already addicted to metal detecting. I just wanted to introduce myself to this forum and I look forward to meeting new people.
Bill
MDGUY_LI

dweaver02

Greenie
May 6, 2015
Hanover, IN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone from Southern Indiana! I am fairly new to the hobby but have been enjoying it a lot. I never thought it would involve me learning about so much history about where I live. I have been studying plat maps like crazy to find old locations. Hope to get to know a lot of you and maybe even make some hunting buddies.

Corina

May 7, 2015
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! Im new to dumpster diving! I have already had very nice findings!! Im looking for a partner in crime! Its more fun when u can share your excitement and findings! Plus its safer, since im a female and sometimes dumpsters are in dark, sketchy places :) Im located in South Jersey, by Atlantic city!

fatoldman

May 8, 2015
Hayden, AL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, just retired, never done any treasure hunting but thought it might be a way to pass some time, now that I have plenty of it. Going to learn if there is anything to do around Alabama. Have no experience, no knowledge and no equipment if any are needed. Where is a good place to go to start learning something about any of this?

hemanbeefcake

May 9, 2015
idaho falls, idaho
Detector(s) used
At gold, at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeremy from idaho falls, idaho here. I fairly new at this and have been detecting old homesteads and parks around town. Anyone local wanting a hunting buddy gimme a holler!

Saber6delta

Tenderfoot
May 10, 2015
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saved a man, joined the site.

Hello,
Yesterday a friend "Tony" and myself went to Mineral Bar Camping ground (Iowa Hill Bridge)
To do a little Gold Prospecting on the North Fork of the American River. We arrived at the parking area around 5:30 am. I put on my wet suit and my friend checked his gear. We headed up river from the bridge, excited to be the first ones on the river...we thought. As we walked along the bank, I noticed something green in the water. I said to Tony, "look, I think that's a gold pan." I made my way down, only to find multiple gold pans attached to a water-logged backpack. After retrieving the backpack, I opened it and was shocked! Inside, a mans wallet, CA drivers Lic, CC's, IPhone, reading glasses, etc.
I grabbed the backpack and began looking for a place to hide it for safe keeping. I figured we would grab it on the way back and just mail it to the guy after we were finished with our day trip. As we walked further up the river, we heard a faint yell. Tony & I stopped to listen, thinking we heard something. As we continued, I could make out a very loud (HELP!). Tony and I booked it, and started yelling back to the voice. As we neared closer, we could also hear metal sounds against rocks. We knew someone was in trouble. Looking down from a 15 foot cliff drop, a man was in the river below us. He was surrounded by fast moving white water. Turns out, he had been washed down river, and became stuck in a rough spot. He had been stuck there since the evening prior. So, he was cold, and suffering from Hypothermia. We got him up outta there, and helped him back to the camp ground site. Sat him down next to a woman's fire pit, called 911. Help arrived, and made contact with the man. Everything turned out okay! He was happy that we were there to help him, and that Tony and I recovered his lost backpack!
The man said he was a member on this site, and referred me to it.
So hello everyone, my name is David J. "Saber6delta"
A new member :) image.jpg

Last edited:

historybuff

May 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys From South Central PA. I am renting a metal detector until my son and I can afford a good one and also looking for arrowheads. We stink at both right now. Hoping you all and the info here will help!!! If anyone is from around Gettysburg, I would love to network! Thanks!!!

Terri

May 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings all. My Name is Andy from Bahrain where I work & live, although British in origin.
I have joined this site, not because I am a treasure hunter but because I have some potentially rewarding information about the location of sunken metals.
I will post in a separate thread.

Cheers All
Andy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread