Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Apr 2, 2015
Dayton, Nv
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too am a new member, been following the gold threads for years and finally signed up. I am living in Dayton NV, been detecting a little bit and going over the Sierra's a few times panning, sluicing and sniping. Really haven't found much but enjoy getting out. I check out the forum everyday at my lunch, really appreciate it, thanks. I am not sure if this is the right way to do my introduction, but here it is . thanks again

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm a new member here.
I'm looking for people here that knew my dad in the Superstition Mountains. His name was Carrol.

I spent my 1st 20 years helping my dad work on the Peralta codes out there. Bob Corbin, The Bluebird Mine wanted me to write a book after he passed.
He came out here from Texas in 1955 to find the catches.
He donated 2 of our coded rocks to the historical museum only to find out they auctioned them off online before he passed. Attached is a picture of me in my teens with one of my finds dated 1568, I have more, plus photos, maps memories. i'm 56 yrs old now.
View attachment 1142220
I'm also trying to locate Bob Corbin as he was with my dad quite a bit.
Any help??
Thanks,
Carrol jr.

Last edited:

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, I'm a new member here.
I'm looking for people here that knew my dad in the Superstition Mountains. His name was Carrol.

I spent my 1st 20 years helping my dad work on the Peralta codes out there. Bob Corbin, The Bluebird Mine wanted me to write a book after he passed.
He came out here from Texas in 1955 to find the catches.
He donated 2 of our coded rocks to the historical museum only to find out they auctioned them off online before he passed. Attached is a picture of me in my teens with one of my finds dated 1568, I have more, plus photos, maps memories. i'm 56 yrs old now.
View attachment 1142220
I'm also trying to locate Bob Corbin as he was with my dad quite a bit.
Any help??
Thanks,
Carrol jr.

Carrol , go to the search box and type in Superstition Mountains or Peralta stone.... What ever you are looking for, it is all here somewhere!
HH

Yo Diggity

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Wisconsin. Very new to the hobby. In fact, I haven't even got a detector, but it is on it's way. I picked up a used Garrett AT Pro. One of the reasons I joined this group was to contact CopperPenny in the hopes of purchasing one of his AT Pro dust covers. I hope he is still a member?

Be Well.

rhjensen

Sep 21, 2013
Marana, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, been reading individual posts/finds on the site... I thank everyone for there effort... It has keep my enthusiasm level very high this past year. Moving from Northern California to Marana, Arizona soon. Plan on buying new detector and becoming active. Hey Bob

Last edited:

Autumn_Roma

Apr 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new and I'm mainly here to discover what some of this stuff is around the house and backyard. Right now I'm trying to find out what these two vases are. My mom has created many shadowboxes for the arrowheads that were found around the yard and old tools that my grandfather used.

SaraH81

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!!!.any one from Laredo Texas...wanting to know where I can metal detect...please..any one

Apr 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New member from the greater Houston area. My first love is rocks and fossils, but seriously looking into starting CRH and the occasional garage sale/flea market. Have to get more urban with where I live now.

davedog79

Apr 16, 2015
Belpre, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter 101
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi my name is David I am kind of new to treasure hunting I am retired from asphalt. I spend my summers fishing and gold panning. I got a Garrett AT PRO for Christmas its nice to have something that gives you somewhat of a clue of what your digging I started out with a bounty hunter 101 it was ok but dug a lot of pop tabs and cans up. I am always up for a adventure and finding history.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hi my name is David I am kind of new to treasure hunting I am retired from asphalt. I spend my summers fishing and gold panning. I got a Garrett AT PRO for Christmas its nice to have something that gives you somewhat of a clue of what your digging I started out with a bounty hunter 101 it was ok but dug a lot of pop tabs and cans up. I am always up for a adventure and finding history.

Welcome David! That was a great Christmas gift. Bad news : you're still going to dig a lot of pop tabs and aluminum lol.

Sapper09

Tenderfoot
Apr 21, 2015
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone old time member had to register again due to my old email closing down. But my original handle was STH69, I'm currently in Upstate NY and since the thaw have had one great hunt and nothing but bad weather since. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429758334.710938.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429758349.534930.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429758388.256822.jpg so my first ever Barber after five years of digging! Hopefully more to follow once the weather improves here, great to be back and HH.

Acedes

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. New to the site. Have always been interested in th. I started watching Prospectors and I have this overwhelming desire to learn more about gem mining. I've done the bucket mining at gem mines, but love the idea of working all day outside digging for pockets of gems.

Anyway, that's what got me to the site, I'm hoping to meet people and learn a lot about this passion.

Gambit

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Just joined, am located in Mount Vernon, Wa and just scored my first detector, a used but like new Garrett Ace 250 for $125
I'm Stoked.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet enjoy the wealth of knowledge

kdsmith722

Apr 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello. I'm a yard sale, auction, flea market addict. If I'm not at one of those places I want to talk about those places so I can learn from people and give and get advice. That's why I'm here.

Jerry Hall

Apr 27, 2015
Carlisle, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I've been detecting off and on since I was a kid, and finally have some time to hopefully pick it back up in the central PA area. I am a student at the Army War College in Carlisle, PA.

Mark M

Apr 30, 2015
Safety Harbor Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone. I'm from Safety Harbor, Florida and I'm new to metal detecting and posting on forums. I saved up and bought my first detector that me and the missus took out for a spin. It didn't take long to realize I don't know what I'm doing. I'm really looking for a partner and mentor to show me the ins and outs of the metal detecting in my area.

JJ3

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2015
Lawton, OK.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. Thanks for the welcome. Been metal detecting since 1971. Started with a heath-kit build it yourself type. Did a lot in Germany for several years. Moved thru several brands over the years and settled on Garrett “GTI 2500” around 2001. The Garrett Company is about 150 miles south of me. There’re in Dallas Tx. I’m in Lawton Ok. So I stop in every few years and get a tune-up and update. Great organization. They never charged a penny for the work. I did upgrade to a see-thru coil 2 years ago and they charged “at cost”. What a deal. Shot for artifacts and coins fm east to west coast. Did a little bit of gold sniffing too. What I enjoy most is the research, and getting the real stories from the old-timers when I stop into the Senior Citizens ctrs for coffee in the small towns. Now retired, and don’t know where I ever found the time for full time work. Again thanks for the welcome fm Lawton, OK.

JJ3

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2015
Lawton, OK.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jerry, been to Carlisle.... A few years ago. Great pizza. Enjoy your stay. I retired fm active duty in 1990 (CSM) w/25yrs in, fm Ft Carson Co. and have had the opportunity to detect all over the world. A word of caution. . . Make sure you know the restrictions in the countries you're pcs to. You can do jail time in some countries. In others you may find areas densely populated with unexploded ordinance.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread