Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Treasure_Hunter

Thread: Florida, bought my first Metal Detector Yesterday (go away rain)

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2012
    West Coast Florida
    TESORO Cutlass II ÁMAX , TESORO Sand Shark
    11 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Florida, bought my first Metal Detector Yesterday (go away rain)

Got my used Tesoro Cutlass II Umax yesterday, tried it out in the yard and found a 2001 quarter and a 1973 penny. Wish it would stop raining so I could go to the beach and try out my detector and my home made pitcher scoop..

Before I bought a metal detector I found a 14k gold sapphire ring in my mulch and last week I found a .925 ring while I was digging up a palm tree next to my garage.

Can't wait to get started.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9915 times
    You do know its not going to work at the saltwater beach very well..... Hunting the beaches takes a detector designed for saltwater beaches.... You can hunt the dry sand, but the wetsand will drive your detector nuts because of the salt minerals... If you use it there you will need to turn the sensitivity way down to try to get it stable and you will lose a lot of depth when you do that..
    ocalasix likes this.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    3542 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    You do know its not going to work at the saltwater beach very well..... Hunting the beaches takes a detector designed for saltwater beaches.... You can hunt the dry sand, but the wetsand will drive your detector nuts because of the salt minerals... If you use it there you will need to turn the sensitivity way down to try to get it stable and you will lose a lot of depth when you do that..
    You'll be fine in the dry sand Beckleeson, just stay out of the wet sand or like Treasure Hunter says, you'll have some difficulties. Get a GOOD sandscoop. Enjoy that new Tesoro, it is going to make you some money!

us
    Jul 2012
    West Coast Florida
    11 times
    Yea, I'v read about the salt. I figured I'd bring some coins and a bury them in the wet sand to see what kind of depth I can get (if its worth it). If no, there's still miles and miles of dry sand for me.

Thanks for the tips guys.

es
    Jul 2012
    Valencia
    Hi, will the WHITE S 6000/DI PRO encounter problems in salty water wet sand, for instance detecting on a beach after a big storm or will I have to stay on the dry area?

us
    Jul 2012
    West Coast Florida
    11 times
    I went last night after it stopped raining, had some problems when i got to close to the water (rain made it hard to tell where the tide lines were) but I was ok on the rest of the wet Bomber. Cleaned up the beach last night though, literally, beer caps, hair pins, and foil. 1 penny.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9915 times
    Salt water minerals will present major problems for it as well. To properly hunt a saltwater beach you need a multifreq or PI detector... You can use a single freq detector if you turn the sensitivity way down but remember your losing depth and depth is what you want at a saltwater beach...

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Anita

Apr 2012
    New Hampshire & Maine
    V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster
    334 times
    Welcome! Enjoy this great hobby.

The folks on this forum are awesome and can answer just about any question you may have.

One last thing.....can you please send the rain up to us in New Hampshire? Thanks.
    "You'll never find your gold on a sandy beach". - Jim Steinman (musician)
    You can bet he never used a metal detector!!!

us
    Feb 2007
    Marengo, IA.
    AT Pro, Whites 6000, Tesoro Silver Sabre Umax,Minelab Explorer
    Welcome Beckleeson, have fun down there finding all the rings on the beaches. Send some of the rain up here to Iowa we will gladly take some.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    1390 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Name:  treasureman (2).jpg
Views: 76
Size:  8.4 KB

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    1386 times
    Research and occasional field work
    Hey, Texas needs the rain the most. Have fun with your detector.

us
    Jul 2012
    West Coast Florida
    11 times
    Well, 3 days at the beach so far (about 2-3 hour trips), I have to stay in the dry sand like Treasure Hunter said. I'v found $1.36 in change or clad I think you guys call it and a whole lot of beer caps and foil.

Hope I get a little luckier, I am getting faster and retrieving though

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links