Treasure Coast writer - 1715 Fleet - Cape Canaveral

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
New member. Found this site via the Queen's Dowry discussion about the 1715 Fleet while doing research for a story about the Fleet for the 300th anniversary coming up.

Been all over the world researching and writing about Mary Read, other 18th-c. pirates and basically the entire Golden Age of Piracy, which of course gets its name from the 1715 Fleet.

I live in Orlando, but my mom is in Cape Canaveral, so I get out on the coast quite often.

Almost signed a sub-contract to dive the Cabin Wreck, but decided I'm too much of a landlubber for that kind of a commitment. Maybe I'll tag along sometime with those of you who adventure out a lot.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! Sounds like you have an interesting version of the hobby.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard Tammy:hello:

Roy

OP
OP
grossmusic

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
I detect the history: I've visited archives up & down the entire US East Coast, Bahamas, Jamaica, Kew, The Hague, etc. Have yet to go to Seville or S.American archives.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanx, all. I received zero notifications of your posts. Obviously I'm doing something wrong because my settings are to receive an email for each post. Oh well.

Glad I came back to check!

Don't worry, cudamark - I do own a (cheap) metal detector. I hope to get out there more to be a more "legit" member.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good research is just as important as swinging the loop!

OP
OP
grossmusic

grossmusic

Jul 19, 2013
Cape Canaveral
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread