Newbie to detecting and the forum, from central Pennsylvania

Sharryn

Nov 27, 2013
S. Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Samson 32" T-handle,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. Just got myself an early retirement present, a Garrett AT Pro and Garrett pinpointer. The day it arrived was rainy and miserable out. The weather has gone downhill since. I really wanted to get out in the yard at least and learn how this beast works but Murphy's Law seems to be the order of things right now. It's a good thing that I found this forum with so much information and nice people! I look forward to meeting some of you and learning as much as I can. My official retirement date is January 17th, so after that I'll have tons of time to play. Can't wait for spring to arrive!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sharry
Congrats for making it to retirement,and the AT Pro you got a great machine there.... hope to see some of your finds !
Gary

Sandigger2

Mar 25, 2012
Ventura County,So Cal
Detector(s) used
DFX, PIDF,CZ 21,F5,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sharryn,
Welcome to the forum. Since the weathers bad, you can do some air tests indoors and learn the sounds of different objects passing under a coil. Also really read and understand your detector manual. It will help you learn your machine and help the learning curve. Ask questions . Also youtube videos of using an AtPro will give you an idea of what field hunting is like.
HH
Also take a look in the metal detecting forum in the Garret sub-forum. Lots of specific AT Pro info there.

Last edited:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome.Congrats on your upcoming retirement.Good luck with the at pro.HH.

Hyper220

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2013
Hollidaysburg,PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Sharryn to the forum. Im from PA. to blair county , Hollidaysburg. I bought my AT PRO in the spring and have had a ball with it. Read your manual , watch the youtube vids on the PRO and learn those tones.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard... You can use this time to research prime sites to hunt when weather allows..

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome from N. Mississippi. The ATP is a very good machine. You have a lot of history to find in your area. Good luck.

OP
OP
Sharryn

Sharryn

Nov 27, 2013
S. Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Samson 32" T-handle,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the good advice! I'm not far from you, just west of Huntingdon. I've been watching youtube a lot and have learned so much already.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread