NEW HERE----My STOMPING GROUNDS are EASTERN LONG ISLAND, NY

GR1DL0CK3D

Aug 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All

Been detecting 2 mos now. I prefer beaches and School yards as my local hunts. I've done 3 visits to a permission a house a town over from me. House is circa 1776. Upkeep on most of the property is in a pretty wild state. Property is pretty mineralized with rotting iron trash so it is slow going on actual relic vs slabs of square iron or rusted out sewer pipes. To my knowledge I am either 5th or 6th person/team to have hunted this property so I imagine most of the real easy stuff has been found-A real NEWBIE dilemma -"how to pull a needle from a haystack"!

I'm using a second hand White's IDX Pro with a 9.5 Black Max coil. I'm looking forward to learning hunting techniques, tips and meeting up with others in my area for group hunts. I like to read alot especially about the history of my area of Long Island and interested on where to find info on forgotten homesteads, buildings and other haunts in my area. Where to look for this research?

I'm also interested in anything written by H. Charles Beil. I already downloaded the homestead/cellars pdf.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard and don't get discouraged , there's ALWAYS something to find ... :headbang:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum!

Wayne

www/metaldetectingstuff.com