Marinesniper

Tenderfoot
Aug 17, 2014
Arlington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone from Arlington, Texas! I've been actively metal detecting now for only a few weeks, and I have to admit I am hooked. I am a 45 year old 100% disabled Marine who has been looking for something to do with my kids that would allow me to do something with them and live a healthy lifestyle, which metal detecting has given me! It has been a bit of a challenge getting out there walking around, but I have tried to move slowly and not over do it! It has been amazing being able to find coins from different eras, and it has been eye opening to see what I have discovered just under the soil/wood chips in my local "tot lots". I have tried going to a few "historic sites", but have actually managed to find more at tot lots and parks than anywhere else.

I'm always open to a hunt with other local enthusiasts, so please feel free to message me if you would like to discuss doing so!

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the club ... :icon_thumright:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Walter65

Jun 8, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone from Arlington, Texas! I've been actively metal detecting now for only a few weeks, and I have to admit I am hooked. I am a 45 year old 100% disabled Marine who has been looking for something to do with my kids that would allow me to do something with them and live a healthy lifestyle, which metal detecting has given me! It has been a bit of a challenge getting out there walking around, but I have tried to move slowly and not over do it! It has been amazing being able to find coins from different eras, and it has been eye opening to see what I have discovered just under the soil/wood chips in my local "tot lots". I have tried going to a few "historic sites", but have actually managed to find more at tot lots and parks than anywhere else. I'm always open to a hunt with other local enthusiasts, so please feel free to message me if you would like to discuss doing so!
. 1st off, thanks for your service and sacrifice. I wish the best for you. I should have retired but it's just not in me I guess I enjoy my work. I metal detect when I have time and I certainly enjoy doing it. I'm I guess what they would call a newbie. I'm 65 by the way and served during the Vietnam war in the Navy. My son served three tours, two in Iraq and one in Africa who now is collage. My dad was a WWII vet and retired in the military but since has passed away. I have a lot of respect for our Military. Maybe we can hook up some time and do a little MD together. There are three lots in forth worth by my office that I have been wanting to do some metal detecting. The houses I'm guessing we're built in the 20's or 30's but have since been torn down and the lots now vacant. Owned by a bank I've heard and certainly not fenced or posted. There are 11or 12 lots here in "The Colony" where I live, the house were demo'ed about two years ago for the new right away road widening. I don't think they have ever been worked over. Those houses were built in the 60's so I don't know if they would turn up much but you never know. Like you I'm open to meeting people with the same interest so keep in touch right now I have a new project kicking off and recently moved so between all that I will be busy for the next few weeks and won't have any time for recreation.. Keep in touch I'm sure in the future we might be able to do some metal detecting together..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread