donlor

Apr 4, 2007
staten island, ny
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark, tesoro tiger shark, tesoro cibola, goldbug se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hi,
I’m donald from staten island ny - have been salt water detecting for some years. I use the tesoro sandshark with the 10.5" coil & love it.
Have used the tesoro cibola with the 3"X18" coil on dry sand & it is great for up to 6" deep. You can cover any amazing amount of dry sand with this setup as it is light & can be swung fast! But - I have found much better pickings in the water - so that is where I now detect 95% of the time.
I also have a fisher gold bug 2 & a tesoro tiger shark - so I am set as far as detecting machines go.
This year will see something new for me - I ordered the angus mackirk recon II (after much research) for doing some sluicing along with 2 SE gold pans. I really do not see this as being more profitable then water detecting, but I will have this as an option when away from the beaches. Hey, being in nature is always good as long as the mosquitos are cooperative. I will make a few tools for doing this (sluicing) - a water table for any concentrates, also a hand sniper, crevicing tools & water scope. In reality, I do not expect to do much prospecting & panning but just want to have the tools to do this in my trunk when away from home & beaches.
Now this is the last thing I have to say & the most important. We all love gold - but the most important & real gold we have is our relationships - NEVER put the metal before people & what THEY need in your relationship with them! May your life be blessed in relationships that enable you to find some of that great yellow metal.
Donald

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from White Plains! I have a lot of experience placer gold mining in Arizona. I hope you realize there is no known gold deposits in New York State. There is micro glacial gold that was carried here from Canada in some of our northern streams, but nothing that will pay for your gasoline, much less equipment. Where do you plan to prospect?

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard again :icon_thumleft:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard (again) Donald! I am sure you have but if not - take a look at Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
D

donlor

Apr 4, 2007
staten island, ny
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark, tesoro tiger shark, tesoro cibola, goldbug se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hi terry,
never spoke with you (almost was able to go detecting with you a few years back when you were going to jones beach i believe ) but have the sluice mainly for when & if i get to arizona, n. carolina or georgia. i am aware of the lack of ny placier gold & the scarcity of it's locations as i research before i do or buy anything

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread