🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro Detech Ultimate 13"
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. I just started dirt fishin' earlier this year. Its such a great hobby for people interested in learning things about the past. I think its really cool to pull something hundreds of years old out of the ground and then try to identify where it came from. Ive found tons of old coins; the oldest being a 1724 British Farthing, 1734 British Half Penny, (2) 1781 Half Real, 1819 Large Cent, and a 1827 Capped Bust Dime. They are all in pretty decent condition. As soon as i have the ability to make an album ill upload pics of the stuff ive found over the past six months!

Started out with a Garrett Ace 350 and moved up to a $400 MXT off craigslist (What a steal). I still end up using the 350 if im getting too much EMI or if there's a dog fence. Ive dug plenty of 9" dimes with the 350 but keep getting a voice in my head saying "The AT pro is waterproof".

Also my dirt fishin partner is moving to upstate New York next week and im trying to find some new people to dig holes with. Im located on the east end of Long Island NY. Hopefully we can go dig some holes together!

Happy and Safe Fishin' everyone!

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet. Being that you live where you live you should be finding some nice old relics and coins.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from across the Sound in White Plains! :occasion14:

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome!

From another newbie: Don't ignore those voices for too long, I have the 350 and AT Pro myself and man is that a difference. However you can buy this waterproof housing for the ACE series, I have it and trust it just as I trust the AT Pro. The AT with a small coil like the 5x8 or NEL Snake is a wonderful machine. The new Ace 400i is almost as good but with the waterproof housing you spend about as much as an AT Pro costs.

red fox bob

Feb 23, 2016
Apollo,Pa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Garrett Pro Pointer,Custom Made Sand Scoop,Garrett AT Pinpointer, Whites MX Sport , Eqauinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Southwestern Penna. Good L uck & Happy Hunting

Michelle13

Aug 6, 2016
Middle Tennessee Nachez start
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the warm welcome! Any ideas on a book or map- something that may guide me to where certain Indians roamed, wars were fought or hidden treasures may be found?? And yes- absolutely a MD is a must and for me, as I love the river a good basic water proof one would be ideal.... A little pricey for me right now but def in the near future.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet, the best place to talk shop, let your hair down, and post your finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread