Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to Tnet

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Rich! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Virginia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Wv 49er

Tenderfoot
Apr 14, 2017
Clarksburg Wv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started metal detecting about a year or 2 ago. About a month ago I finally got a detector. Not the greatest detector (it's a bounty Hunter) according to what I have read on the internet, but for something to get me started it's perfect. The price was right to. Free. My name is Rich, and I look forward to chatting with all of you.

HibRich I'm from Harrison county for now but will soon be moving further down south in Wv

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome To TNet from Virginia! Sounds like you started out okay, free is a good way to see if you like it and then if you do, spend for a better unit. Good Luck! Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
F

feldgrau23

Greenie
Apr 14, 2017
West Virginia Hampshire County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 1-D/505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome To TNet from Virginia! Sounds like you started out okay, free is a good way to see if you like it and then if you do, spend for a better unit. Good Luck! Happy Hunting!
Yep you can never beat free. Were abouts in the shenandoah are you located. I am currently in Capon Bridge WV. which is about 21 miles west of Winchester.

wvmountaineers

Greenie
Apr 15, 2017
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Rich. I live in Winchester, but do my detecting in Morgan and Hampshire counties. BTW, I'm really new at this too. But I can see that its an addiction. Good luck and happy hunting.

Sean

OP
OP
F

feldgrau23

Greenie
Apr 14, 2017
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 1-D/505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Rich. I live in Winchester, but do my detecting in Morgan and Hampshire counties. BTW, I'm really new at this too. But I can see that its an addiction. Good luck and happy hunting.

Sean

Thanks Sean. I have been studying the history of Hampshire county and hope to find others in this area to find other places to hunt. Currently I am limited to my own yard. which has yielded lots of nails and one heavy J hook and two chain links attached to it. If you have some spots here in Winchester that you have access to I would be willing to meet up with you and hunt with you if you want. Yes you are right its and addiction alright. I am already trying to decide do I upgrade my MD or do I get the wood planer for my wood shop? decisions,, decisions!!!

DirtyMike&Tab

Apr 4, 2017
Fenwick Island, De & Harper's Ferry, Wv
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Mx Sport, & At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Rich! Welcome. Im currently living in southern Deleware but I have a place still in Harper's Ferry,Wv. I grew up in Harper's Ferry and I used to hunt Capon Bridge. My dad was actually very good freinds with Glen Spade who at one point in time owned most of Capon Bridge. I'm moving back to WV in a couple months and would love to take you out digging. I'll shoot you a message when I'm in the area and maybe we can get out and find some treasures. My number is 302-258-8674. Shoot me a text or call if you have any detector questions or when your looking to upgrade. I have some good used and new metal detector hook ups. Welcome again and will be looking forward to meeting ya one day.

OP
OP
F

feldgrau23

Greenie
Apr 14, 2017
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 1-D/505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DirtyMike 5381508 said:
Hello Rich! Welcome. Im currently living in southern Deleware but I have a place still in Harper's Ferry,Wv. I grew up in Harper's Ferry and I used to hunt Capon Bridge. My dad was actually very good freinds with Glen Spade who at one point in time owned most of Capon Bridge. I'm moving back to WV in a couple months and would love to take you out digging. I'll shoot you a message when I'm in the area and maybe we can get out and find some treasures. My number is 302-258-8674. Shoot me a text or call if you have any detector questions or when your looking to upgrade. I have some good used and new metal detector hook ups. Welcome again and will be looking forward to meeting ya one day.

Dirty Mike and Tab. Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the offer to go digging.,, I will take you up on that offer. As for Glen Spade,, I think I know the name, but not from being in Capon Bridge, but from where I work. I do believe he brings his vehicle into the Dealership where I work for maintanence. I work at Malloy Ford in Winchester. I have just started to learn my detector but I am also realizing I need to upgrade. So I will be in the market in the near future.

Rich

wvmountaineers

Greenie
Apr 15, 2017
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sean. I have been studying the history of Hampshire county and hope to find others in this area to find other places to hunt. Currently I am limited to my own yard. which has yielded lots of nails and one heavy J hook and two chain links attached to it. If you have some spots here in Winchester that you have access to I would be willing to meet up with you and hunt with you if you want. Yes you are right its and addiction alright. I am already trying to decide do I upgrade my MD or do I get the wood planer for my wood shop? decisions,, decisions!!!

I wish that I had spots in Winchester to detect. If i did I'd welcome the company. I haven't tried knocking on doors yet, but may give that a whirl. Good luck in your future upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread