KellyCo not going to carry the Makro Racer?

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at least there will be new bolts for the coil. Folks will have to just live with the balance of mentioned areas where upgrades would be great.

Please at least try to treat others with respect here Bowwinkle - A sponser has replied to you directly regarding the misinformation you have posted - the least you could do is acknowledge their reply to you instead of ignoring it and continuing to belittle a solid product - You also state that you have been involved in metal detecting for many many years, yet you still do not recognize a good detector when its released?

From memory you have tried and had issues with the following

deteknix Pointer
Makro Pointer
Nokta Pointer

also the many many posts stating the Racer is all hype and will not live up to manufacturers statements -

Personally I find you a very negative person when it comes to passing on information about a product - you appear to have some type of spin or negative connotation when it comes to products made outside of the US -

Still thats your right I suppose but it does not help by you creating a false hysteria about products being released in an effort to assist ALL fellow treasure hunters

Last edited:

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Sycotoad 100% !! I've been detecting for many years also (since 1975). The Racer is is my first choice for hunting iron infested ghost town sites, but then I only have about a dozen detectors to choose from. If I could find one I liked better I'd buy it. I've only heard of one person selling their Racer because they didn't like it, and I think they failed to really get a chance to learn it. But the vast majority of users really love their Racers. Read the Forums and you'll see many, many satisfied users. There just happens to be one basher here. Haters are gonna hate!

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Please at least try to treat others with respect here Bowwinkle - A sponser has replied to you directly regarding the misinformation you have posted - the least you could do is acknowledge their reply to you instead of ignoring it and continuing to belittle a solid product - You also state that you have been involved in metal detecting for many many years, yet you still do not recognize a good detector when its released?

From memory you have tried and had issues with the following

deteknix Pointer
Makro Pointer
Nokta Pointer

also the many many posts stating the Racer is all hype and will not live up to manufacturers statements -

Personally I find you a very negative person when it comes to passing on information about a product - you appear to have some type of spin or negative connotation when it comes to products made outside of the US -

Still thats your right I suppose but it does not help by you creating a false hysteria about products being released in an effort to assist ALL fellow treasure hunters

My two best pinpointers have been the Makro and now my Nokta that is identical other than 10 settings rather than 4 like the sister companies Makro! Great pointers and to me, maybe the best on the market!

I guess like sycotoad stated, there will be those who hate everything that is not made in the country of their liking. I have had American made detectors; French made; and now a Turkish one being my Fors CoRe! I have liked them all to date. Sold to fund only other projects otherwise would have kept them all!

That said.....looking forward to that new Nokta detector they are working on the Impact!

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My two best pinpointers have been the Makro and now my Nokta that is identical other than 10 settings rather than 4 like the sister companies Makro! Great pointers and to me, maybe the best on the market!

I guess like sycotoad stated, there will be those who hate everything that is not made in the country of their liking. I have had American made detectors; French made; and now a Turkish one being my Fors CoRe! I have liked them all to date. Sold to fund only other projects otherwise would have kept them all!

That said.....looking forward to that new Nokta detector they are working on the Impact!

Thank you so much for your nice comments - It is feedbacks just like yours that motivate us the most!
Just wanted to step in here and make a small correction regarding the difference between the Nokta and Makro Pointers - other than the sensitivity range you mentioned, the Nokta Pointer also has a lost alarm and auto shut-off as additional features.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you so much for your nice comments - It is feedbacks just like yours that motivate us the most!
Just wanted to step in here and make a small correction regarding the difference between the Nokta and Makro Pointers - other than the sensitivity range you mentioned, the Nokta Pointer also has a lost alarm and auto shut-off as additional features.

You are absolutely correct! Forgot those two nice features! Plus the added orange for easier visibility of the unit is a great addition! Keep up the great work Nokta!

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dilek - Just something a little off topic - Will Nokta/Makro look at improving the Holsters for the pointers? - I have both the Makro & Nokta but have noticed the elastic that holds the pointer snuggly into place is quite loose therefore making it possible for the pointer to fall out (I have stitched one so it makes it tighter). Also an opening at the bottom of the holster to let the dirt out and finally is it possible to make the belt loop bigger so it will slide on to a webbing belt?

Sorry about that - The pointers are fantastic & the package is awesome however I believe the holster needs improvements - Thank you

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dilek - Just something a little off topic - Will Nokta/Makro look at improving the Holsters for the pointers? - I have both the Makro & Nokta but have noticed the elastic that holds the pointer snuggly into place is quite loose therefore making it possible for the pointer to fall out (I have stitched one so it makes it tighter). Also an opening at the bottom of the holster to let the dirt out and finally is it possible to make the belt loop bigger so it will slide on to a webbing belt?

Sorry about that - The pointers are fantastic & the package is awesome however I believe the holster needs improvements - Thank you

There is absolutely no need to say sorry. Feedbacks like this help us to do our job better and to offer better products for our valued customers. This is the first time we are getting a complaint about the holster so let us look into it. Thank you!

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree with sycotoad. I just have never said anything about.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And while we are wanting improvements.....the metal clip does not have enough tension on it and I find it falls off my side all the time. Maybe a belt loop or a nicer metal belt clip with more tension. However, over time I have found tension clips get weak. So I advocate a belt loop.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Disregard the above on the belt loop comment! Dang if it does not have one!!!!!! I would like to see it a bit wider to accommodate wider belts though. But hey, it is there!

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disregard the above on the belt loop comment! Dang if it does not have one!!!!!! I would like to see it a bit wider to accommodate wider belts though. But hey, it is there!

Yes we added one based on customer requests.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello...This is Dilek – Sales & Marketing Manager at Nokta. I just wanted to make a quick comment to clarify a few things so your post does not mislead others. We do not have any ''mess'' with the Racer. We sent testing units to certain individuals and let them state their feedbacks openly in forums. We do not try to keep anything as a secret and we reply to each and every feedback with an action plan if necessary. We call this an open and honest customer oriented approach versus a ''mess'' in your terms. We do not have any issues apart from a minor bolt problem that is being addressed already. And we got some controversial reports on the BT headphones and as BT headphones is an optional accessory, it does not affect the performance of the detector. We will decide whether we need to make any changes in the BT headphones after we receive all the feedbacks. Meanwhile, we are also working on proprietary headphones. There were a few comments on the sequence of the tones which was designed the way it was on purpose – some liked it and some said they would prefer them to be in a progressive order just like we have them in the FORS CoRe so we listened to the customers and we changed them. There were a few comments on increasing the depth on the 3-tone and we did it. Color – it is a very subjective matter and we cannot customize it based on personal preference. Saving the settings – all the settings are on one screen and with 4 keys you can change the settings in a matter of seconds. This is not seen as an issue by most people. These are all the feedbacks and comments we got so far and we did what we could to the best extend. The device is tested and reviewed by Keith Southern, Tom Dankowski, Monte, Steve Herscbach and Gary from UK. Those who are interested can find their reviews and comments on different forums. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at [email protected] Thank you all !

I was wondering how long before we can expect the wireless headphones for the Makro Gold Racer . I'm waiting to buy the Macro Gold Racer when they are available . Thanks in advance .

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering how long before we can expect the wireless headphones for the Makro Gold Racer . I'm waiting to buy the Macro Gold Racer when they are available . Thanks in advance .

Hello. I just responded to your PM regarding this. We are hoping to release them in a few weeks if no issues are encountered. Had some unexpected delays with the component supplier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread