Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone know where Dilek is? I have a Kruzer display issue where the LED's are out on the right hand side. The new Repair facility wants me to send my whole detector back to them, but I'm not down with that since i'd rather not part with it when the best detecting of the season for me is right now. I've sent several e-mails to her. Should I contact regular customer service?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would contact CS yes. Dilek has stated in a few forums recently that contacting CS...your dealer...or the repair facility....will be the quickest and easiest route to take.

She does not have the time (or job title) to handle every repair issue. She is traveling around doing trade shows and such - marketing and promotion being her gig.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nokta/Makro repair center is the place to contact. 706 619-2601 in Ronggold Ga. They handle all repairs in US.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Time to get an Equinox!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Contacting Dilek has always been the fastest route for me, and I already contacted the Repair site and they want me to send my whole freaking detector down there. Being away from my detector for that long is not something I really want to do. Maybe your right Terry, maybe it is time for me to go Minelab. I love my Kruzer and I don't want to knock Makro, but this is the 3rd problem with the 2 Makro detectors I've had so far. Customer service has always been top notch for me so it was never really an issue, but now having to send the unit out for repair is kinda like a move in the wrong direction for me, especially if the kind of problems I've had are going to be a continuous thing.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contacting Dilek has always been the fastest route for me, and I already contacted the Repair site and they want me to send my whole freaking detector down there. Being away from my detector for that long is not something I really want to do. Maybe your right Terry, maybe it is time for me to go Minelab. I love my Kruzer and I don't want to knock Makro, but this is the 3rd problem with the 2 Makro detectors I've had so far. Customer service has always been top notch for me so it was never really an issue, but now having to send the unit out for repair is kinda like a move in the wrong direction for me, especially if the kind of problems I've had are going to be a continuous thing.

I don't think you will get any better service from Minelab or any other Detector manufacture. I had a couple issues with my E-trac and both were addressed and solved by sending the detector to the service center. My son had an issue with his Garrett AT Pro and "Again" had to send the machine in. I understand you don't want to be without your detector but they do break from time to time. I have a backup detector for just that reason.

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it's just that by contacting Dilek she would just ask for a video of the issue and then send me the replacement part out DHL from Turkey. The service was faster than even Garrett's repair of my AT pro, which was top notch as well.
I had to replace the ground/Balance/Pinpointer switch on my Racer 2 and she sent that out free of any charge.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
double post

Last edited:

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's just that by contacting Dilek she would just ask for a video of the issue and then send me the replacement part out DHL from Turkey. The service was faster than even Garrett's repair of my AT pro, which was top notch as well.
I had to replace the ground/Balance/Pinpointer switch on my Racer 2 and she sent that out free of any charge.

I just don't think she can do that any longer. They have grown too big basically. With increased sales...comes increased repairs...due to amount being sold.

While that is a great story and I love reading it...I think that was over the top - bend over backwards - type help. Not something she can do for each and every PM or email she gets.

Grain of salt here....but the way I see it...she went beyond the normal call to help you out. Now that she can no longer do that and things are more "normalized"...you are upset and ready to bail on them. Does not really seem fair.

Most companies will ask for a return on an internal issue....and send a free part for an external one. I think jumping ship will get you the same boat ride. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck with the repair for sure.

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't have brand loyalty, I never did and never will, I just go with what works, and if it no longer works I'm going to go elsewhere. I'm not giving up my Kruzer for this issue, I can live with it and I may send it back for repair when the weather gets bad again and i can no longer detect, but now is not the time for me. I have no idea what you mean about great story love reading it, I'm just telling you my experience.

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have brand loyalty, I never did and never will, I just go with what works, and if it no longer works I'm going to go elsewhere. I'm not giving up my Kruzer for this issue, I can live with it and I may send it back for repair when the weather gets bad again and i can no longer detect, but now is not the time for me. I have no idea what you mean about great story love reading it, I'm just telling you my experience.

Do your thing man - buy whatever ya like. You misunderstood my post.

I was saying it is a good story that Dilek went above and beyond to help you out. It is nice to read that about a company hooking up a customer. Simple nice comment.

However - that is not "normal" - and she cannot do that every time there is an issue. Sending it in for a fast repair is the "norm". Dilek sending out free parts is not.

I think it got to a point she just can't do that any longer. As the saying goes - no good deed goes unpunished.

You got special treatment...it felt rad. Now they say send it in...and it feels not so rad. Like a "step backward" as you put it. I get it...and definitely not talking bad on ya.

I'm just saying I don't think you will get that "step forward" feeling by going elsewhere. They are all very likely to tell you to send it in for a similar issue.

Like I said...best of luck in the fix. No ill will at all. Hope it works out you are shining bright with a new LED's soon.

Nokta Detectors

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jun 2, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
Detector(s) used
NOKTA AND MAKRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello guys....just read this thread. It is true that I and my staff have been helping many customers directly... and I personally never minded doing that although I had hundreds of other things to do including running the whole sales & marketing team, working with the R&D team on new projects, traveling, advertising etc etc... but at the same time we got many comments / complaints from customers about not having a repair center in the USA...so we promised our customers that we would have one soon and we did it... we really try our best to give customers what they want but we may not be able to make every single individual happy and I apologize for that. Please understand that if we service customers directly at this point, it would not be fair for the service center. In addition, if we do this for one customer, then we would need to it for the next one too to be fair, which then makes the repair center, that everyone had asked for, obsolete. Hope you understand… all we can ask for is our valued customers’ understanding. Thank you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Dilek. I meant no disrespect, and i'm not jumping ship anytime soon. At this moment the control box is sitting on my desk as I type waiting for me to get to the post office to mail it out to the Nokta Makro Service Center in Georgia. Last night I took my Racer 2 out for a spin and found some old stuff, so that will be my go to machine for the time being, and who knows, I may just stick with it, just not underwater...

OP
OP
Dr. Witty

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wanted to give an update to anyone who's interested about my experience with the Makro/Nokta repair center. I shipped out the Detector (just the control Box) to Van Boone of North Georgia Detectors. He received it on Monday 4/1. I got the control box back that Friday 4/5. Van replaced the LED's and the main board of the detector. In doing so my settings were lost but the board came with all the newest updates so it is current. I am rating this service very high and would like to thank Van (if he's listening) for his hard work. I am also happy that Makro/Nokta chose a smaller retailer to entrust their warranty repair work to, or if they're not small, they are not as huge as some of the other repair centers.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good to hear!:hello2:

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would contact CS yes. Dilek has stated in a few forums recently that contacting CS...your dealer...or the repair facility....will be the quickest and easiest route to take.

She does not have the time (or job title) to handle every repair issue. She is traveling around doing trade shows and such - marketing and promotion being her gig.

And she is darn good at what she does. Better than most spokes person at American detector companies. Do they even have a spokes person that can do social media and metal detecting forums like Dilek does?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I contacted the repair center on my Simplex issue and apparently they have no way of repairing any problems with the Simplex as of yet. Very disappointing.
So I called the seller and was told to call the distributer. What? Why would a customer have to call the distributer? I don't believe thats my job.
So I guess my next email will be to Notka Makro to see if I can get it resolved.
Let me say I really like this detector but this warranty run around is not cool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread