Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like most if not all detectors, headphone connection is proprietary, thus you need headphones designed for it.

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe looking at the package without, I would need this to use wired head phones for now, so I guess my question was would this part no from Nokta |Makro provide this? Part Number : 17000731, or would I have to purchase this on it's own. Wireless proprietary headphones green or blue I could pick up later?

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh another question, can or will the Simplex ever/can offer a smaller concentric coil option in the near future to handle more trashy park littered areas more effectively? Can firmware updates allow this or is this a design limitation that Nokta | Makro decided perpuposely to do. What about aftermarket coils, or is it strictly like a T2 for DD only?

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found my answer with the cheaper package without the headphones. Thx Hunter GT.

6:18 into the video.

gravityboy

Jul 18, 2018
Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 4900Di
Tesoro Tejon
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Fors CoRe
Makro Racer 2
Nokta Simplex+
XP Deus
Minelab NOX 600
Minelab GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh another question, can or will the Simplex ever/can offer a smaller concentric coil option in the near future to handle more trashy park littered areas more effectively? Can firmware updates allow this or is this a design limitation that Nokta | Makro decided perpuposely to do. What about aftermarket coils, or is it strictly like a T2 for DD only?

We keep hearing that other coils are coming. The Simplex does not use the same coils as the more expensive machines from Nokta/Makro but my guess is that's by design and not a technical issue. They would have a hard time selling the more expensive machines if the Simplex had everything they did.

We need someone to do some coil hacking and see if you can wire a small concentric coil from the Impact or something onto a Simplex connector...

OP
OP
doggoneitdignit

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pulled the pin tonight and bought another detector. It was an easy decision, actual it was pretty Simple.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Only two coils coming out for Simplex right now. Both DD............................ No concentrics

Milspec6

Jun 22, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure to post your opinions about it once you get it out of the box. It is really tough to ignore them with the list of features and that good of a price.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Milspec6, What questions about the Simplex do you have?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread