My first three MD hunts...

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three hours is not realistically a determining factor for regretting your first choice of machine. Believe me , it will take many many hours to get used to how any detector will work in your hands.With time you will get more comfortable with your choice, and truthfully, any detector will find success for you once you have honed your skill and knowledge of how it works for you. Above all, don't get discouraged or give up.You will have bad days and you will have good ones..that's how it works.:icon_thumright:

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Good advice Villagenut. I've been at it for 24 yrs now, and I'm still learning. Just go slow, use different settings and you'll be O K. Also DadOfTwo, you should plant a coin garden. "What the %$#& is that?" you might ask. Grab a bottle cap, a pull tab from a can, a 1" steel washer, and a penny through a quarter. Bury them at around 1" increments....1" for the bottle cap, 2" for the pull tab, 3" for the steel washer, 3" for the cent, 3" for the nickel, 4" for the dime, and 5" for the quarter. Be sure each item is 1-1/2 feet apart in a straight line. IF you have a SILVER coin, bury that coin at least 4" deep. Now stomp the ground to get the ground compacted. Now test your detector and take a mental note how the various items sound. Now change your setting somewhat and detect again. You might notice stronger or weaker sounds, so keep slightly changing setting to get the best results. I hope to hear back from you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread