Question on Arrowhead Hunting Boots/Snakes

DemonCatSpaceStar

Jan 1, 2009
People of the South Wind
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone, when I first started Artifact hunting I had bought a pair of cheap walmart rubber boots & found out after a month way they were so cheap, you get what you pay for!
Then I got a pair of Hodgman waders from an Auction for $10 they lasted a year, again what you pay for even though they are much higher quality but had obviously been worn (they started leaking along the tread)!
Well I learned my lesson after many forzen trips to the Creeks/Rivers/Fields & got some high $ Hip waders with Thinsulate...

Anyway I'll finally get to my question I'm just wondering what everyone else wears to Creeks/Rivers/Fields to hunt? And do any of you wear Snake bite protection? Would the thinsulate waders be an OK form of protection?
Is there an Inexpensive form of waterproof snake guards that anyone knows of?

Thanks in advance for any replys & hope everyone has good hunting! ;D

Phil

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the summers I wear a pair of Columbia hiking sandles and wear them in the water with quick dry hiking pants. I dont worry about snakes. In the fields any light leather boot with ankle support will work, In the winter i like the Lacrosse insulated rubber boots that come up to my knees. Any deeper than that I cant see anyways. Always carry bug juice so I do not get carried away.
Happy huntin
TnMtns

irbaddadjoe

Sep 9, 2006
Bridgeport, Texas
A good idea to wear a good pair of boots.

Attachments

• P1000307(1)(1).JPG
    P1000307(1)(1).JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 10,497
  • P1000307(1)(1).JPG
    P1000307(1)(1).JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 1,485
F

Flintfinder of Mo.

I don't like waders, Like TNMtns said if its deep enough to wear waders I usually cant see down that far. If you step in to a deep hole with waders on they fill up with water, thus sinking you to the bottom. In the winter I wear insulated rubber boots and insulated cover alls, in the summer I wear creek sandals, They are light weight , and that lets me swim threw the deep spots in the creek. I see a lot of snakes, but they are usually trying to get away from me,I always hunt with my stick and have flung more than a few snakes out of my path. If your hunting then your eyes should be on the ground, and you shouldn't just step on one with out knowing it. I always wear jeans because of leaches, and sticker bushes.In the fields I just wear jeans and rubber boots. I like (Northerners) brand boots, and have had the same pair for 9 years. John

ShowmeMoflint

Dec 27, 2008
L.C.M.O.
Detector(s) used
eyeballs and walking stick
I wear hip waders in the creek.If you are in water up to the top of the waders then your are in way to deep.Like everybody else said a good pair of knees high rubber boots work just fine for the fields.You defintely want a pair that is comfortable so spend a little money on a good pair.Stay away from stagnent water i the creeks snakes just love them areas.If you step on a snake then you need to take a break and get focused on finding arrowheads in my opinion.I don't wear any snake protection at all but I am always aware of there presents a pair of jeans that is it and if they want to bite you that pair of jeans might save you more than not

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
i usually wear what is going to be the most comfortable for the weather and site conditions i am hunting.light weight hiking shoes or tennis shoes in the dry months in the summer,rubber boots for the mud and cold creek hunting in the winter.when i creek hunt in the summer i usually just wear some beaters ands shorts helps keep you cool,cant imagine wearing waders or rubbers in the summer time,although i dont hunt very deep streams so that makes a difference in my footwear.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a real good pair of snake boots from Sieriatradingpost.com ,for about$60 a couple of years ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread