5/29 Vermont Finds

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I went out for a walk today and found one of my favorite fields had been tilled. The ground was soaked with recent rains to swamp like conditions. When I took a step or two into the field I noticed it had been planted and with the wet conditions I decided to back out of the field so not to destroy it. Im sure there were some nice points laying there but I never had a problem hunting this field and I don't need one now. Im sure someone will walk it before it drys out but it won't be me. I hit another field further north it had dryer conditions and it wasn't planted yet. Here is what I found. Nothing spectacular but still had fun looking.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 426
Upvote 0

misiek

Nov 2, 2007
Plattsburgh,NY & Mississauga,Ontario
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Now, pardon my 'noob-ness' but those look like plain rocks to me..Im sure though they have more significance then that. Any ideas yet? Just curious as to what those might be..and kudos on being a good sport about that first field. You did the right thing :headbang:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. I see some broke ones some nice tips and bases. Good call on the field. So many ruin a good spot by trampling a mans livlihood. Way to g. ! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
undertaker

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Compared to the great finds I see on T-net everyday ...I guess they could be described as plain rocks...

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope, not plain rocks! good finds.

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
I am in East-Central Vermont and have never found anything to do with Native Americans. The Vt finds are more scarce so I say awsome finds !!

What are my chances of finding some stuff along the Connecticut River ?? LOTS of farm fields that I could get permission to search.

VPR

melnibe

Feb 6, 2006
Southern Vermont
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX
I agree VPR, indian finds in Vermont are hard to come by. I'm in SW VT and have be artifact hunting since the snow cleared and haven't found anything. Very nice finds though!!!

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
I enjoy seeing artifacts from around the country. The material used in your finds is very different from what we find in Georgia. Thanks for posting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread