Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie and I were so motivated after that last find, we check the tide charts, set the alarm and were up and out in time to meet the low tide. As this hobby goes.... sometimes you find em when you don't expect it and sometimes you do it all right and come away empty handed. As we were heading through the woods and to the truck... I ran into a very angry yellow jacket or bee (no time for proper target I.D.) and it was on. Now... many will wonder why a sting is such a big deal. A few of you will recall that my ONLY fear in life is bees. I don't know why but, gunfights, darl alleys, spiders, snakes... none of it bothers me at all but anything that buzzes, is armed and can fly.... freaks me out! Last summer I dug into a yellow jacket nest and paid dearly with over 20 stings. This morning I took one to the neck. Its hard to see in the photo but man! I hate those things. Have a great Friday everyone.

Attachments

• july pipe frag1.jpg
    july pipe frag1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 745
  • july pipe frag2.jpg
    july pipe frag2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 2,568
  • used flake.jpg
    used flake.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 335
  • july flakes.jpg
    july flakes.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 341
  • sting.jpg
    sting.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 515
Upvote 0

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Ouch! Armed and can fly... that's funny. Charlie looks very happy in that first pic, must be back in the AC. I would be happy with those finds.

ng

OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturegirl said:
Ouch! Armed and can fly... that's funny. Charlie looks very happy in that first pic, must be back in the AC. I would be happy with those finds.

ng

Hahah... thanks NG. Your right about Charlie. After his swim in the river we hit the trail (scene of the attack) and the heat and humidity were a bit much. that picture was taken in the truck with the A/C blasting so he was indeed, tired but happy. He loves to go out but equally loves to head home :wink:

OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way hahahahah.... I just imagined what the pic with the .45 poster must seem like. I did that for two reasons. One to contrast the item and two.... you have to admit, thats a funny one. Maybe I need a Cat Scan hahaha, but it seems funny to me :D

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt. It has been a yellow jacket summer for sure. Man I saw a 45 today that a guy brought back from Korea. Those 1911,s are sweet.

OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
Nice hunt. It has been a yellow jacket summer for sure. Man I saw a 45 today that a guy brought back from Korea. Those 1911,s are sweet.

Yea man.... I have a 1911 but don't shoot it much. Its original and for the most part sleeps in the safe. I also have a Baretta 45 and that one I carry from time to time. My duty weapon is a Glock 23 .40 cal which is a sweet shooter. I'm our Chief Firearms/Tactics instructor and just converted everyone from the Glock 19 (9mm) to the 23, and they love it. My birthday was July 5th and my wife bought me "The Judge". How cool is that? Any weapon with the name "The Judge" on the side of it is a must for anyone hahaha. Its made by Taurus and shoots .45 long and/or 410 triple 0 buck!!!! sweet trail and camping gun, not to meantion home defense.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions