What are the odds?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jan 2009
    --------->
    221 times

What are the odds?

I found the tip about three feet from the rest of the point. Didn't realize it was a match until later at home, I was stoked to say the least! The break looks pretty old too, has patina. It's kind of rough with a couple fire pops but I really like this personal find. 2nd piece is a red quartzite Savannah River hafted scraper or blunt tip. Not real sure what the third point is, last pic is some flake tools, have a good one.
    " Stay frosty, gents "

www.arrowheadtalk.com

us
    Jun 2009
    Central Pennsylvania
    201 times

Re: What are the odds?

Nice !

Best I ever managed was finding two out of three thirds of one.
    "[T]o silence a man is to pay him homage, for it is an acknowledgement that his arguments are both impossible to answer and impossible to ignore." -- JBR Yant

us
    Mar 2009
    Oklahoma
    Tesoro Tejon
    39 times

Wow, Perfect fit. You beat the odds on that one. Neat find...

pickaway

Congrats on the match.I've been able to match 15 from one site together.Heres the last one I found about 10 ft apart, then layed on my deck for about a week before i realized they fit.

us
    Jun 2009
    Florida & Hong Kong
    2402 times

Field hunters love it when that happens, but diggers don't... Usually means they broke it.

I've had it happen with a couple of pieces (never anything really nice), one time a buddy found the tip about 5 years before I found the base.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot Neodymium magnets 5' Probe
    8482 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Thats winning the lucky dog. What are the odds of that? I have never found the other half of anything but I am going to..some day. Nice finds 37 I had a decent weekend myself. Thank you for sharing that. You know what that real porous stuff is? I find some like that sometimes.

Regards,
    TnMountains
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

us
    Jan 2009
    --------->
    221 times

Quote Originally Posted by TnMountains
    Thats winning the lucky dog. What are the odds of that? I have never found the other half of anything but I am going to..some day. Nice finds 37 I had a decent weekend myself. Thank you for sharing that. You know what that real porous stuff is? I find some like that sometimes.

Regards,
    TnMountains
    Hey Tn, I'm nearly positive it's red quartzite. A hunting buddy of mine calls it Rhyolite, but I think he's wrong. The stuff is everywhere around here, it outcrops as cliffs along some of the roads and rivers. I had a decent weekend myself, looking foward to seeing your finds, thanks for the comments.

appreciate the comments folks, nice match there pik , sweet ridge preform.
    " Stay frosty, gents "

www.arrowheadtalk.com

us
    Jun 2009
    Central Pennsylvania
    201 times

I would have said Argellite too. Easy way to tell : run water on it & clean with a toothbrush to get the dirt out of the little crannies. If only the dirt comes off, leaving the rest the way it was, it's quartzite. If you can see you're removing surface material along with the dirt, Argellite.

"[T]o silence a man is to pay him homage, for it is an acknowledgement that his arguments are both impossible to answer and impossible to ignore." -- JBR Yant

Sponsored Links