10/07 ohio field finds

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
pickaway and i managed to hook up and do some huntn yesterday.the day started off slow but it picked up later in the day.we had a pretty fun day.get in here with those pics pickaway.sorry for the lack of insitus,most everything i found were flippers.the first pic is of what i think is a agate basin with a reverse flute from the tip.second pic is a nice knife or scraper(great material).the third pic is a preform a couple points and a drill that i wish wasnt broke.the fourth pic is of some scrapers,flake blades etc.found quite a few things today,the majority of is brokes.goodluck on your next hunt.
DSCF2357.jpg

DSCF2358.jpg

DSCF2359.jpg

DSCF2360.jpg

DSCF2361.jpg

DSCF2362.jpg

Upvote 0
P

pickaway

2-3 inches of rain called for tonight and tommorow ,sat. gonna be the day...that round piece is amazing alot of work on that piece.gettn ready to hit the river bank in a sec.
manr.jpg

jed.jpg

P

pickaway

Glad i went found a funky drill looks like carter cave too.
jed1.jpg

jed2.jpg

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Nice finds Greg, multicomponent sights are really exciting to hunt. Sweet circular scraper and Agate Basin find.

Killer drill pick.

OP
OP
creek astronaut

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
pick i am diggin that drill.my opinion it is dead on carter cave.killer piece flintmaster.kinda funny how we were talkin about finding broken drills and you go out and find a sweet one the very next day.you da man :notworthy:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok you guys are double teaming the sites and kickin butt. Nice finds. The fields all around here are just corn stubble. I walked around one with a bow in my hand so everyone would think I was some gooffy hunter.lol You guys both racked up :thumbsup:
Nice.
Regards,
TnMountains

OP
OP
creek astronaut

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
TnMountains said:
Ok you guys are double teaming the sites and kickin butt. Nice finds. The fields all around here are just corn stubble. I walked around one with a bow in my hand so everyone would think I was some gooffy hunter.lol You guys both racked up :thumbsup:
Nice.
Regards,
TnMountains
thx for the reply Tn mts,if people only knew that you had flint broadheads in your quiver and that you were looking for more flint,wonder how goofy they would think you are.lol. :headbang:

F

Flintfinder of Mo.

A pretty productive hunt. I like the round scrapper. The drill is a nice one. We got over 5 inches of rain here the last 2 days. The river I hunt is up and out of the banks again. So good luck going back out after you get the rain, should give you a clean slate. John

OP
OP
creek astronaut

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
thx flintfinder,we got a bunch of rain yesterday and it is raining good here today.so yea it will be fun in the mud this weekend.goodluck hittin the river when it goes down,hope you pull out another monster :thumbsup:

P

pickaway

grego that drill is 3 1/2 inches... (also i dated it to the early gracile australopithecine period) basically a uniface flake tool... :headbang:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
greg-rocks said:
TnMountains said:
Nice.
Regards,
TnMountains
thx for the reply Tn mts,if people only knew that you had flint broadheads in your quiver and that you were looking for more flint,wonder how goofy they would think you are.lol. :headbang:

Lol ! lets face it they know I am not normal. I guess that is why they just peep out the windows when my truck goes by,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :laughing7: :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread