Some of my favorite Finds and Heartbreakers.....

Smurufett

Sep 8, 2009
East Texas
Detector(s) used
My hands and bare feet!
This first heart breaker is a puzzle... Not really sure what to call it. To bad it was broken when it was found I would loved to have had it whole but thats true of all my heartbreakers. I think it maybe an effingy base-tang being as it was fond next to an another broken base tang.(the second point pictured) The thrid is a really nice clovis but has some damage to the tip. Nice fluting.The picture of the case is all points found at the same site.

Attachments

• fpoint1.JPG
    fpoint1.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 430
  • fpoint2.JPG
    fpoint2.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 441
  • fpoint4.JPG
    fpoint4.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 439
  • fpoint5.JPG
    fpoint5.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 443
  • fpoint23.JPG
    fpoint23.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 435
  • MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 438
  • fccase1.JPG
    fccase1.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 451
  • fcpoint541.JPG
    fcpoint541.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 445
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Smurufett

Smurufett

Sep 8, 2009
East Texas
Detector(s) used
My hands and bare feet!
These are all from my most favortie site we have. We brave bugs, snakes and getting really dirty to get these!lol

Attachments

• waco17.JPG
    waco17.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 444
  • waco4.JPG
    waco4.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 437
  • waco3.JPG
    waco3.JPG
    11.3 KB · Views: 366
  • waco2.JPG
    waco2.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 355
  • garydrill.JPG
    garydrill.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 429
  • garydrill2.JPG
    garydrill2.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 436
  • casek2.JPG
    casek2.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 443
  • bell.JPG
    bell.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 427
  • bell2.JPG
    bell2.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 423
  • toolsk.JPG
    toolsk.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 425
  • toolk3.JPG
    toolk3.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 415
  • toolk4.JPG
    toolk4.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 438
OP
OP
Smurufett

Smurufett

Sep 8, 2009
East Texas
Detector(s) used
My hands and bare feet!
Any body got any ideals as to what the black tool thingy is? I have always called it a humpback axe????

Special thanks to lilttlejohn for taking the pic's for me!

And to settle a disagreement between me and my better-half what would this one be? I think it is one thing he thinks its a bell. What do you think?

Attachments

• bell3.JPG
    bell3.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 417

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh so much so little time. I am coming back tomorrow and look at this one again when I am awake.
Good Post. Look forward to tomorrow,lol nite
TnMtns :thumbsup:

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
I take it you're from east Texas, or at least close? The first piece was a base-tang at one time. Someone decided to "doodle" with it after it was broke, perhaps to practice notching. I don't believe your Clovis is a Clovis. It could have been anything (even Darl, Edgewood, Ellis, etc.), but has been resharpened to exhaustion, losing many definable traits. There's a nice Waco sinker in the mix, along with Gary's (Krieger), Kent, Dawson, Dalton,etc. The basal notched point type would depend a lot on exactly where you are from. It looks Castroville though. It's not Bell, as it doesn't appear punch notched. Your black rock is.....well, a black rock. I can see no signs of human modification on it at all.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice collection. I agree with Matt, the last rock is just a geo.
Like the Gary drill/clothes pin.
Bugs? yeah well this as never been an easy hobby, that's for sure.
Good luck with your next hunt Smurufett.

Molly.

OP
OP
Smurufett

Smurufett

Sep 8, 2009
East Texas
Detector(s) used
My hands and bare feet!
Thanks for all the replys and input. Yes, these 2 sites are East Texas sites. Some one else said they don't think the one I am calling a clovis is a clovis. I might be wrong on that one but it is still a nice find. Glad everyone is enjoying my little post.

Yeah, the drill and waco sinkers are some of my fav personal finds, too.

Bugs don't bother me so much its the 5 foot snakes that scare me. But the need to recover my artifact is greater than my fear of the snakes. Lol! ::)

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Smurufett said:
Bugs don't bother me so much its the 5 foot snakes that scare me. But the need to recover my artifact is greater than my fear of the snakes. Lol! ::)

My worst phobia is slithering demons. My fear of those tubular devils far surpasses my need to recover an artifact..lol. In fact, I once offered a friend several complete arrowheads I had found that day just to scare one off.

I lost a full days work one time because of one, and then there's the time that I left a full new outfit of clothes (including shoes and hat) because of another. I will abandon you or run you over to get away from one. They are all shotgun bait to me, and I have been known to drive off in a ditch to turn one into a speedbump..HA!

OP
OP
Smurufett

Smurufett

Sep 8, 2009
East Texas
Detector(s) used
My hands and bare feet!
...... and then there's the time that I left a full new outfit of clothes (including shoes and hat) because of another.
I bet that story is pretty intresting...... :o

Most snakes will go away if you are still. Running and screaming are 2 of the wrost thing you can do. Expecially in the creek were I hunt. The snakes are not so bad this time of year but come summer they are all over the place. You really have to be carefull and we always carry a machette(?spelled that wrong?).There are not many options as to which way to go. It is either back, forward, or straight up some really steep creek walls. It is 4 miles in and 4 miles out at the futherest point from civilitation. So coming up on one still makes my heart stop and my mind go racing thourgh my options. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread