Wisconsin Artifact Book

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Hello all, I'm currently working on a Wisconsin Artifact book. The only thing that I have enough of so far is copper, I am still in need of more Wisconsin collectors to come forward who wouldn't mind sharing photographs of their Wisconsin finds. I am looking for older types like Eden, Scottsbluff, Clovis, Folsom, etc as well as all other types, I would like to see some dursts, waubesas, anything found in Wisconsin. Pottery and groundstone will also be included. I have shard examples of most Wisconsin pottery types but am still in need of later ones like Mississippian and Oneota, shell tempered things. Any groundstone would also be good. Collectors can have their names put in print giving them credit or can remain anonymous and listed as "private collection". The book will be heavy on pictures and light on words in the end, if you're interested in contributing please send me a PM. Thanks in advance!

Cannonman17

Upvote 0

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
You could expand into fur trade artifacts, trade points, rat spears, awls, axes, pipes etc. Many possibilities, you may have to limit your areas of concentration. Good luck with your project.

P

pickaway

I read an article from Wis. where they found a folsum in Wis. recently during a dig for highway construction...

OP
OP
Cannonman17

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
This book might not ever come to be if I don't get some Wisconsin collectors to step forward with pictures. My introduction and what not is all done, I'm to the point (no pun intended) where I am ready to start the pictures and discussions of the various wisconsin point types. Calling all Wiscsonsin collectors!!! I Need pictures of your artifacts!!! Please consider helping me, you can remain anonymous!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread