73.4 KB · Views: 1,283
Upvote 0

tncreeker

Feb 6, 2011
Maggie Valley, N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WHOOOO HOOOOOOO,,,
Congrats on all the cool stuff. :notworthy: I`d have peed myself if I found anything even close to that stone. Just the points would be enough for me. Glad you had such an awesome day!!
Lori

M

mickey

congrats on the bannerstone. nice to see one on treasurenet. i have never even found a piece of one. was thinking about going out today, but it's raining here in northern ohio. thanks for sharing, and happy hunting.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great find. :headbang:

OP
OP
WhiteCountyPaleo

WhiteCountyPaleo

Jul 21, 2008
Lafayette, IN
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Thanks guys. Last weekend I was about to leave, then I remembered about the field on
the other side of the fence row that I never found anything in and thought to check it
out. You can't see on the other side so lo and behold the plow was used and it was
melted. It just goes to show that a bad spot can turn good, it's just you never know
sometimes.
-chad-

Bagman13

Apr 9, 2009
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero; Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice....just got my vote.

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grrrreat find!!!! What a piece of art. We have to put that on the banner. Congratulatons!!

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW! killer find. Don't see too many pieces like that posted, you got my vote for banner. Cool little blade in the top right corner in the last pic also. Thanks for the view.

OP
OP
WhiteCountyPaleo

WhiteCountyPaleo

Jul 21, 2008
Lafayette, IN
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Hey all! Banner bannerstone or not, this is pretty cool. The point found closest
to the bannerstone is the far right lower point, probably about 2 feet away. Yeah,
when I found it, all I saw was a little tiny corner piece of a greyish blue colored
stone. Flipped it out and walla...bannerstone! A lot of times things are barely visible.
I'm really on the hunt for hardstone stuff now 'a' days so I'll flip a lot of rocks.

good luck out there...
-chad-

bede2691

Jan 19, 2011
Central Illinois
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Such a rare awesome find. Why no banner yet? How many clovis points are found every year compared to how many complete bannerstones? Yeah it has a couple of battlescars but those only enhance the mystic regarding this artifact in my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions