American Diggers

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After seeing captions on this forum suggesting that we boycott this Spike TV show, I had to watch and see what it is all about.
Laughable is what I concluded.
Scripted acting, unusually clean finds, unrealistic prices fetched for simple treasure.
I think it is all a fake.
Boycott stupidity.

Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worst show I have ever seen. The entire cast is a bunch of morons, especially the Savage guy, and this show is going to give legit hunters like us a bad name.

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm the american digger !!:icon_scratch:

yeah pretty stupid show. they should follow some of us around i bet that would make for some good viewing. Real action like finding some hematite or blowup dolls on the river bank. Right steve ? lol

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was actually going to watch for the first time last night just to confirm the stupidity which I knew was inevitable. I couldn't make it past the opening trailer, true story.

IllinoisDug

Mar 12, 2012
Illinois
Primary Interest:
Other
Having never hunted with a metal detector it opened my eyes to that side of artifact hunting and also made me realize how many other treasures are out there that would be better off found and preserved than rotting in the dirt.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bad part is that, people who are unaware (which is 99% of those who don't detect or hunt for artifacts) will think this is normal behavior by all detectorists and artifact hunters.

WhiteCountyPaleo

Jul 21, 2008
Lafayette, IN
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
When I heard about the show, it sounded pretty cool. What a big let down. It looks
very concocted. It's funny when they pull the gun from the mud filled box and the
barrel doesn't have any dirt in it. Has anybody heard about this new show coming
out about a prehistoric survival show? Or am I just getting my hopes up again?

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've actually watched a few episodes of this show, although for the life of me I can't figure out why. It's not even redeemable as a comedy. Sad thing is that it is already affecting us real American diggers....I had a property owner ask me the other day what percentage I was willing to give him out of what I found. He has a couple of small apartment buildings built in the 1940's with very small yards. I doubt I'll hunt there, I'd almost need to have him there the whole time so that he could take his share of the pulltabs and few dollars in clad that I would most likely find. I got the impression that he was imagining buried treasure and seeing dollar signs. Oh well, I guess I can live without the couple of silvers that I would be lucky to get from swinging my detector over his property, I doubt that he would believe that was all I found, or how long it took me to find it!

njsurfer77

Greenie
Apr 23, 2007
I just watched the episode on Indian Artifacts the other night. The best part of the show is when they are walking through the woods and randomly pick a spot and start to dig under the leaves. Long behold, they find a few nice points in a 24inch area they "randomly" picked. LOL!! Gotta love it.

OP
OP
Jonzer

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's like a train wreck.
I can't seem to stop watching.
Worst show on TV. Maybe that's their angle. lol.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
njsurfer77 said:
I just watched the episode on Indian Artifacts the other night. The best part of the show is when they are walking through the woods and randomly pick a spot and start to dig under the leaves. Long behold, they find a few nice points in a 24inch area they "randomly" picked. LOL!! Gotta love it.

If you see it on tv or read it on the web it must be true. This is a good show and I believe it to be factual.

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
maybe they should use this.....I used to stink.........till i found some cologn....chaching badabing wingding. :icon_scratch:

tchaire

Oct 4, 2004
Watched if for the 1st time the other night. I don't know what's not to like about it...It's exactly how I find my artifacts. Gotta go...I have a nice 3' X 3' spot I'm going to check out that I know is full of arrowheads...Just have to get my rototiller started.(That's the toughest part.)

T.

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, I watched the one the other night when they dammed off part of the river (inside bend) to look for indian artifacts using creosote leaking rail ties lol. Man, If I did that up here, they would jail me and impound my truck for altering and polluting a watershed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread