American Diggers

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After seeing captions on this forum suggesting that we boycott this Spike TV show, I had to watch and see what it is all about.
Laughable is what I concluded.
Scripted acting, unusually clean finds, unrealistic prices fetched for simple treasure.
I think it is all a fake.
Boycott stupidity.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jonzer

Jonzer

Feb 12, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Natural Eyeball Pressure
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
how about the pipes and the points,
sure looked like a mound that was dug right through the middle of it

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you see the episode last night where they were in Jamestown and discovered the cannon in the lake? This will give Archaeologists ammunition now because if you get guys going near that site with metal detectors where the digs are ongoing, metal detectorists will be seen as looters. I live near Cupids (1610), Newfoundland which is the second oldest English settlement in North America behind Jamestown and wouldn't go near there with a 10 foot pole!....There are signs there stating you can get a $100,000 fine and so many years in jail if you disturb the area...But again that wouldn't deter some guys!

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
there must be 2 of these kinds of shows ? i put on american diggers (just to be silly) last night or night before and it wasn't the same yahoos, the one i seen before and thought everyone here was talking about were those jarheads that had all the cool lingo like cologn and juice etc ??

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there must be 2 of these kinds of shows ? i put on american diggers (just to be silly) last night or night before and it wasn't the same yahoos, the one i seen before and thought everyone here was talking about were those jarheads that had all the cool lingo like cologn and juice etc ??
There is another one just called "Diggers" I believe. It's on Nat. Geo. channel, i've never watched it myself.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
imagesCA1N701U.jpg BOOM BABY BOOM! imagesCAKPVMMX.jpg

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea because all us Detectorists are going to find 800 year old crosses get up and yell "BOOM BABY".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread