rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the quartz worked on the edges? If so probably a crude knife/ scraper. The brown one IDK. Good to see you.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
River, you have an odd piece here. I can't think its a Celt or an adze, but can't say it's a geofact either. I do see a polish or sign of wear on the broad end of the stone. Hopefully the cats that know something will come in and hook you up.

bmartin0693

Feb 22, 2012
East Bend, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The quartz looks exactly like the broken pieces I'm seeing, very crude with impurities. I don't see any detailed work on them from the pictures, however I'm thinking both were knifes that are Archaic in age. I can picture the brown one looking somewhat like a scalpel if it wasn't smoothed down also. The area I hunt in NC has plenty of crude forms like that with the occasional better quality pieces scattered about. Most are deformed and weathered but I can still make out a form that is unusual like yours. They look almost identical to what I've seen here in NC. If you find anything else I'll be glad to help! Thanks for posting and God bless! B. Martin

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The quartz piece may be worked, but it's really hard to say from just the pictures. The other piece is just a natural stone though.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll go along with the others. Looks close but I think natural. The quartz I don't think is either but as the others said the flaking can be hard to see. A picture I was hoping celt when I first saw it laying but just natural.
DSC01171.JPG DSC01169.JPG

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
natural,stone, not sure on quartz, so im not discussing that, if it waqs midwest find the geofact

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread