Grandsons Incredible Find

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Grandson's Incredible Find

My 11-year-old grandson went with me Tuesday. I had found one whole point and several broken points and he had found nothing. He told me he really wanted to find something. I told him he would. About 5 minutes later he brought this to me and said "is this something?" I was blown away. Is this a cobbs blade?

Upvote 0

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
If a Cobbs can be defined as a great find for an grandson, his proud grandpa, and hopefully a memory that is passed on someday to the 11 y/o's grandson, then yes it's a Cobbs.

As far as what a type book would call it, I'd say it isn't a Cobbs based on the area found and flaking.

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
A very nice first find for sure. I hope that one has him hooked for life....Congrats on that find. I got a feeling we will be seeing alot more posts from him and proud grandpa.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one he'll remember. Great find!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The name used around here is probably going to be Archaic Knife, maybe. Hard to see the work from my seat. Either way I would love to have it in my collection. Great save

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something about those Grandsons...they have good eyes...he has an awesome find to pass down thru the line and will be telling good stories of his times with you hunting for native american artifacts.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
arrow_head.gif
Nice find and super on taking the Grandson and building memories Americus.

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2010
md
You better apologize to him for getting him Hooke let him know it takes over. Haha

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter what "type" it is, it will be one that you remember longer and get a bigger thrill from than just about anything else. Congratulations to your Grandson on a great find!

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It came from the field where you found your incredible find.

I knew that there was some really good stuff there in that field and thank you for taking me. But, I'm even more glad that it held out that piece for your grandson to find!

OP
OP
A

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
I knew that there was some really good stuff there in that field and thank you for taking me. But, I'm even more glad that it held out that piece for your grandson to find!

It was the field you found your really big find in many years ago.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great post,that looks old to me really nice find for sure.that would have become a killer point i think.

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. That one needs to be framed as his first find. That is fabulous. He will always have that memory.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread