11kbp, check this out!!!

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
I figured you would get a kick out of this. This is an exciting new display that we put up last Tuesday. It took several people for the "Mammoth Erection" and it lasted all day long. Complete, Siberian Wooly Mammoth skeleton. It measures over 12' tall x 17' long. Now all I need is a ladder and saddle!

1ellie2.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Neanderthal

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
P.S....sorry for the crappy pic. I have this in hi-def, but compressed it way too much before putting it on here.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Neanderthal!! That my friend is AWESOME!! Can you only imagine one of those in the wild!! Thanks for sharing!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet the guys in the fossil forum would like to see it and hear some background on it.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
with all the animals to choose from in the unspoiled new continent of "North America"...I gotta think that these were not so hard or dangerous to hunt as they look to be. Personally I would go after a deer or elk or something that couldn't squash me like a bug...but maybe they taste great too....after all I would rather eat beef steak than rat any day.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Wow...that's pretty amazing Neanderthal...is that your job, if so...how awesome! I see you're in OK...ever do any OK NA things? Particularly Q. Parker?

OP
OP
Neanderthal

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
with all the animals to choose from in the unspoiled new continent of "North America"...I gotta think that these were not so hard or dangerous to hunt as they look to be. Personally I would go after a deer or elk or something that couldn't squash me like a bug...but maybe they taste great too....after all I would rather eat beef steak than rat any day.

I really don't think I would want to go poking on with with a pointy stick. The Paleo-Indians made use of natural traps or situations to make their job a bit easier; running them into canyons or catching them in soft, sandy river bottoms where they couldn't maneuver easily.

OP
OP
Neanderthal

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
....Wow...that's pretty amazing Neanderthal...is that your job, if so...how awesome! I see you're in OK...ever do any OK NA things? Particularly Q. Parker?

I work for the museum. I'm not quite sure what you mean about OK NA things?

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
cool! Must visit that museum soon. And bring our question-ables to show you. I DO try to imagine that animal roaming when I'm sitting on a hilltop.

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
Just awesome Matt! Yup I still cant imagine what the hunters went through. Im still seeking that elusive trap/kill site....

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...yes, like unclemac said, Native American in your state....Quanah Parker to be exact. I'm asking because his mom is a relative. Oh, incase unclemac see this...she not he...lol

OP
OP
Neanderthal

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
...yes, like unclemac said, Native American in your state....Quanah Parker to be exact. I'm asking because his mom is a relative. Oh, incase unclemac see this...she not he...lol

My forte' is pretty much prehistoric Native America, although I do find historic events and people fascinating as well. I know only one thing about Quanah Parker, there are more people that come into the museum stating they are related to him more than any other Native American.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread