curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a ray-gun fossil?:laughing7: That is interesting...will be waiting to hear what it is.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it looks like a monoLithic Ax which is a carved one piece ax but we can see it isn't flint. How did you come by it? Did you find it or somebody else?

Last edited:

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
REALLY! Now that is an interesting piece! I look forward to hearing anything and everything anyone has to say about that. Most unusual. Wow. Can you tell us about how/where (on the farm) you found it? Like water features on your farm, anything else you've found along the way to put the piece in some sort of context? That's just wacky-cool! HH! (and welcome!-- I don't remember seeing you on this forum before;)) Yakker

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We found it here on the farm

Thanks for the info. If it is a monolithic ax it is going to be very rare. Is it stone or flint? Most of them from my area are made from flint not saying they didn't make them from harder material. I just haven't seen them if they did so its not impossible.

Last edited:

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
It resembles a Slave Killer Axe or at least a preform of one, though it looks a little small for one.

Steve - it certainly could be a slave killer axe. What do you think about a pipe preform? Would be a large one but that's my first instinct.

Great find!

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I think Reaper is correct. If so, this may be the most remarkable artifact I've ever seen. Slaves were made to kill or fight natives. Natives gave the slaves a name we all know... "Buffalo solider". Partially because slaves were made to kill off the buffalo, diminishing the natives food supply. The other reason for the name is because of the Africans hair texture. This is in collage history books, I know. Probably in good high school books. Cool cool find!!!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
hang on a second guys....out here in the PNW "slave killers" were a real artifact with special significance and had NOTHING to do with African American slavery.

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Barry
Now that I see the size of this thing I'm not sure it is a pipe preform? It's huge for a pipe.
Congrats on a great find from THe home place

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread