Speechless

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went for a walk today at the mouth of a creek and didn't really have much luck but that all changed very fast !!! I really can't describe in words how I felt when I looked down and saw this base sticking out of a one or two day old footprint . It took me ten minutes before I finally pulled it out very slowly . I still can't believe I found this it doesn't seem real . A guy like me just doesn't get that lucky . I looked around to see if someone was playing a joke on me but didn't hear anyone laughing . Nothing I've found comes close

Attachments

• image-815737345.jpg
    image-815737345.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 900
  • image-3906180623.jpg
    image-3906180623.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 751
  • image-4087330304.jpg
    image-4087330304.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 831
  • image-2527411323.jpg
    image-2527411323.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 756
Upvote 0
OP
OP
painterx7

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So...I've been absent and busy moving and all that..., and look what I missed! That's one beautiful and BIG Clovis, Painter (and they say size doesn't matter...!) Congrats on that spectacular find- and on the well-earned Banner! I can't remember where you're from (thinking about the lithic question)... Now, where I used to be from, I'd say that was typical, tan/brown coastal chert- and if it had black veins running through it, maybe jasper. I'm clapping for you over here in C-Ville, VA! HH-- Yak
Thanks a bunch I'm still not sure but it is a very nice quality material

bone2stone

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still waiting for my first Clovis.
How bout me tagging along?

Bone2stone

bone2stone

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will get one when you least expect it to happen :)

Well ptx7,
I have been "least expecting it to happen" for over 50 years.
Most of my artifact experience is limited to the archaic and woodland finds. [Texas digs]
The closest I have come so far is a Plainview found in a creek while looking for fossil ammonites.
Although I show as a new member I am not new to collecting.
Lately I have been doing more in the field of fossil finding than artifacts but never the less I still go from time to time.
I'll post some finds as I promised "back in 2012", just happen to pop in here and get back with Treasure Net on a more regular basis.

Bone2stone.

OP
OP
painterx7

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ptx7, I have been "least expecting it to happen" for over 50 years. Most of my artifact experience is limited to the archaic and woodland finds. [Texas digs] The closest I have come so far is a Plainview found in a creek while looking for fossil ammonites. Although I show as a new member I am not new to collecting. Lately I have been doing more in the field of fossil finding than artifacts but never the less I still go from time to time. I'll post some finds as I promised "back in 2012", just happen to pop in here and get back with Treasure Net on a more regular basis. Bone2stone.
I'd be looking in tgat creek hard boss !!!!!

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
That is an incredible find and I really enjoyed the insitu. Thanks for the show.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty one.thanks for sharing that one its a killer

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An excellent find. I've never found a Clovis. Definite Paleo period, fluting and base grinding. Looking at my Overstreet guide, it's valued anywhere from $2500-$10,000, depending on grade, and that one looks like a 10. Good job. Excellent find.

I Concur.. Clovis, Paleo...
Find of a Lifetime..
Banner...

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys I really don't have an exact ID yet clovis is my best guess but it has a Barnes look idk ?

You really should consider taking it to the nearest university Anthropology Dept and have it assessed. make sure to give them the exact location it was found. Context is everything with finds of that nature..
It may be an important find.. Its truly beautiful..
Congrats..

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What state was this point found in? Might make a difference as to whether it is a Clovis, Barnes, or Cumberland. Also, knowing what state might help pinpoint the material. Gary

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Simply Amazing. It is a beautiful find.:occasion14:Congrats

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because, Finds like this should be immortalized! For the original owner and the finder!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread