ForumRunner_20141218_150430.png

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bye...

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sonny_%26_Cher_-_Baby_Don't_Go_-_Sonny_%26_Cher_and_Friends.jpg

Last edited:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
cuba....new opportunity just today!....

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm sure you'd probably rather I stayed the heck out of your thread, but, if you really are going somewhere, I really would like to explain why I have sometimes had difficulty in threads to which we have both posted.

i often put a great deal of effort into a thread or a comment to a thread. I try to make things educational, if at all possible. Marshaling links, pasting quotes, grabbing photos, and creating an informative contribution. I absolutely love it! I love organizing and writing. It might take 10-15 minutes to complete a comment on a thread, but I try to make it something that will teach and add. My attitude, and if I need an attitude adjustment, I need to know, goes like this: when I put that kind of effort in, I have every right to expect that if there are objections to what I wrote, significant disagreements, then I, and the forum, deserve more then "everything I read says that's unreliable" in so many words.
And leave it at that. Am I really the only one who can understand that after all that work, 5 seconds worth of rebuttal without any evidence presented, is bound to go up my butt sideways? As I said in the thread in question, why undermine everything somebody, in this case me, just put into a comment, and with no real good reason? Maybe I am way off base, but I think when I put that kind of effort into making a point, I deserve more then what really seems to just amount to a wave of the hand dismissal as the counterpoint from another member. It really just leaves me saying "well, it's crazy to post to this forum, I'm wasting my time". It just seems like every time I make a long, involved thread, there you are at the ready with more or less " nah, not so" as a reply, and if there is any reasoning provided, it often strikes me as contrived in part. But that's my interpretation. You've stated in the past that you think my posts are too long. Probably, but I've described above why they are. And nobody should ever approach a discussion in a thread with the attitude that somehow the last word must be had at any or all costs. I make mistakes every day of my life. If I make mistakes with relevant information, correct me with relevant and valid counterpoints. "everything I read says that's unreliable" just makes me see red, since, after all my effort, it's your opinion, but it actually says nothing. And it's happened several times that you've have gotten under my skin in just that way and I've reacted as a result.

I'm not the only one over the years, either. Do you think I enjoy coming across the way I do at times? It's embarrassing, I've made Internet manners an area of study; you would never, ever know it at times. Anyway, if that thread was the last straw, personally I don't see why we can't just stay out of one another's hair. How hard can that be...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is locked.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always appreciate when people put the time and effort into a post and it makes me pause and think. I can agree I can disagree and give facts to why I disagree or I end up learning something new. What I will not do is make it personal. I might argue the subject but I will not disrespect you on a key board. I do not have a problem when I am wrong either.:hello:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The insults, attacks, and talking down to members in multiple forums is getting old.

Please follow rules so mods don't have to resort to timeouts or worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread