Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone tell me about these? A few North Carolina finds from the 90's

These two items I found on my land in eastern Person County North Carolina which bordered a spring fed pond and used to be farm land.

First is an arrow head that unfortunately had one corner damaged from the plow (clicking on photo should give proper dimensions, they came out strange when linked):

The second I believe is a graver:

The next point looks different and was found in southern Granville County:

I just recently rediscovered these after they sat in a box for about 15 years. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking the first one might be a type called deep notch I'm not real familiar with it honestly it seems like it may be related to Kirk in the early archaic.. The last piece looks like it may be just a small knife or possibly a Halifax point that has been resharpened... IMHO

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first one's probably among this first group. It's a little hard to tell- as the base may be broken and/or re-worked. Can't tell from the pic

Projectilepoints

Don't know what to say about the 'graver'. Maybe, maybe not. I can't pull up pics from your photobucket right now- comp. acting s.l.o.w.

The last one... might be found here... reminds me of the Hardaway Blade, but it could be as late as one of the Woodland periods...

Projectilepoints

Thanks for the show- and good luck! Do you still go back there- still your property?? VA seems pretty good for poking around too ;) Yakker

OP
OP
S

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately we sold the property back in 2001. I appreciate the help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread