monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my hands on some more hunting land and I had been talking to the guys that hunt there now ,an they told me about a area that no one likes to shoot deer in because of a deep banked creek. So I thought that is my kind of spot, so I spent 5hrs walking in this slop hole but it was good to me. New club creek 001.JPG New club creek 002.JPG New club creek 005.JPG New club creek 006.JPG New club creek 011.JPG New club creek 020.JPG New club creek 021.JPG New club creek 022.JPG New club creek 025.JPG I found a chipped adze, a broken bit end to a axe, a nice Dalton, a flat grinding stone, a lot of pottery, but the best finds to me were a giant ground slouth claw and molar still in the bone. I can't wait to do some looking on this new place, because the owner is having the timber cut next week and I know something is going to show up.

Upvote 0

fieldsjoe89

Dec 27, 2014
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500,White's VX3, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of great finds today. Those bones are very cool/interesting.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck yes! I'd be all about hunting that area. I bet your about to post some killer stuff in the next few weeks / months. Good luck and be safe.

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice fluted point, some really good finds today.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are all great finds and looks like a good place to hunt. You said the owner is cutting the timber and I might need some tips on hunting that kind of spot since my neighbor's property borders mine at the creek did a timber harvest on it. I went over there yesterday and it was a mess! I haven't asked permission yet but if he cleans up the brush and I see anything I will, right now I'm trying to in my mind work through the ugliness of the landscape that has been created. Although, yesterday I noticed a lot more birds in my trees.

OP
OP
monsterrack

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are all great finds and looks like a good place to hunt. You said the owner is cutting the timber and I might need some tips on hunting that kind of spot since my neighbor's property borders mine at the creek did a timber harvest on it. I went over there yesterday and it was a mess! I haven't asked permission yet but if he cleans up the brush and I see anything I will, right now I'm trying to in my mind work through the ugliness of the landscape that has been created. Although, yesterday I noticed a lot more birds in my trees.

I know it looks like a mess, but where the loggers moved the dirt and you can see dirt there may be artifacts. Let it come about 3in of rain and then take a look. I don't know about your area but in mine there was such a long time of NA occupation through all times, that where ever loggers log we find artifacts, but being along the Ms. river helps.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like its going to be a great creek to find a killer in

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is awesome to have a spot with both NA artifacts and fossils. I just might have to come down there and hunt with you while I'm laid up with this shoulder. We can't let you have all that much fun by yourself. lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread