Large crude tool or just wild imagination? Please help...

filmiracl

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this peculiar stone where I've found a couple of worked flakes and others have found a number of points and the like. You guys think this is some type of crude tool of some kind? It looks as if purposely chipped off on one side (on both sides) ... but the work is not clean at all. What do you think?

IMG_5320.jpg
IMG_5321.jpg
IMG_5322.jpg
IMG_5323.jpg
IMG_5324.jpg
IMG_5325.jpg

Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to say if that was tool that was used are it was just something that they took off flakes to use, are it is a something they where just working on the make something to take back to the camp. It was altered by man in my opinion and I would have brought it home, but it would not have a spot in the house.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to say if that was tool that was used are it was just something that they took off flakes to use, are it is a something they where just working on the make something to take back to the camp. It was altered by man in my opinion and I would have brought it home, but it would not have a spot in the house.

True it is crude and maybe not finished or used once. Just like the one I posted doesnt show much work just a edge mainly on mine.

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So are you saying there isnt any edge work on his or mine? They made quick tools all the time. Just leave them for somebody else that enjoys all stone tools like me. Not every artifact was made pretty.

Sure "rock", I see edges on all three of the examples pictured here, what I don't see are edges that look any different than what I see all the time on naturally fractured rocks.
That's just my honest thoughts based on what I see pictured.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread