Found A Few Today

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
This afternoon I went to some land in the north part of the county that I have had permission to look for a long time. When I began looking there many years ago I never saw tracks. Now anytime I go I see lots of tracks. Last year I went three times and found four people looking, none of whom had permission. One of them was from Tennessee! I looked a little while in two fields with no luck so I went to a field that I have looked to death this year. I was pleased to find these three and a handful of broken points.

Upvote 0

EricTheCat

Oct 4, 2011
Southern Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am always amazed by your finds, even in a searched area you find something that would make my year. Most recent field I got permission to hunt they said they have seen people looking around in the field without asking and "Most people just help themselves". All I would say to them is they better stay out of my garden they might get the woodchuck treatment. ;)

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If I book a day trip to fly down could you get me out on one of your fields one point would make my trip :). Thanks for sharing!

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am always amazed by your finds, even in a searched area you find something that would make my year. Most recent field I got permission to hunt they said they have seen people looking around in the field without asking and "Most people just help themselves". All I would say to them is they better stay out of my garden they might get the woodchuck treatment. ;)

I have to ask EricTheCat...what is the woodchuck treatment? does it involve a scatter gun? :laughing9:

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are beautiful finds Americus and I hope those folks hunting without permission get skunked when they do and that you are the only one with the "eye" for the artifacts!

GoldenEagle09

May 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Americus, I was curious are you located in "Americus", Georgia. I joined a hunting lease last year so I am near your area. Randolph County to be exact. Found some nice points in my area too. Seems be be a popular place for artifacts. It's a shame people do not respect others property.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang thats a heck of a drive to find some flint all the way from TN. Glad you were able to kick the skunk and find some nice keepers.

EricTheCat

Oct 4, 2011
Southern Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to ask EricTheCat...what is the woodchuck treatment? does it involve a scatter gun? :laughing9:

lol, I guess I asked for it. Let me just say the tactic varies depending on the situation and the mood of the creature and may be more tame than you think. If a hand clap is enough to make them scatter, they can go ahead and chew on the dandelions and leave my sunflowers and onions alone. If that doesn't work, usually the spray bottle is enough. If that doesn't work, on to the hose. In the past I would poke them off with sticks but I have learned they hate water more than sticks. I have even broken a stick on a young woodchuck that just didn't want to go away. Don't get me wrong, I love nature and hate to hurt animals but I have my turf and will keep it best I can. :) I have a feeling most of the folks hunting people's land without permission would not even appreciate being clapped at, but if it came down to it on my land they might meet my hose. ;)

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you never cease to amaze Americus. Sorry to hear people are infringing on one of your sites.

OP
OP
A

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Americus, I was curious are you located in "Americus", Georgia. I joined a hunting lease last year so I am near your area. Randolph County to be exact. Found some nice points in my area too. Seems be be a popular place for artifacts. It's a shame people do not respect others property.

I am.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice points,and sorry to hear that,i got it bad and im in tn,but you'll never see me do that.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Americus, you're wearing me out just looking at all your finds! Just kidding. Thanks for always posting your finds! Happy for you!

GoldenEagle09

May 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. I am going to be in that area this next weekend and I will be sure to post if I find something. I've found alot of chippings and 2 points with similar color to your points but it was accidental finds. Going to really look hard this time. Any clue on the types of Indians that lived in that area?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread