OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468898843.493504.jpg

Apparently they are supposed to work really well for digging.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got me Bob. First one I have seen like that. I use a gold miners pick that a guy makes out in Arizona. Called a hermit pick.

IMG_4384.JPG

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
wigglepicks

Seems you could get a standard pick from your local hardware store and saw down the handle a bit, cut off one end of the pick, pad it and be on your way. Might try leaving a little metal on the cutoff end of the pick for a handle - could poke a tennis ball over it.

Last edited:

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
The key to a decent wiggle pick is using "spring" steel that can bend and spring back (I think they use leaf springs from old cars.) A Swing pick from a hardware store is a much heavier tool.

There are two styles, a Texas style that has a longer blade that is used to collapse a vertical dig wall. (Push it down into the dirt and use the handle for leverage to break up clods and work a vertical face.) The Missouri style is made for rocky digs, and I think have shorter blades.

Creek Dalton on YouTube used to make and sell Missouri ones.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An army issued entrenching tool works well, just don't get a knock off because it won't hold up

OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I bought one from Walmart and it fell apart the first time I used it!

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The key to a decent wiggle pick is using "spring" steel that can bend and spring back (I think they use leaf springs from old cars.) A Swing pick from a hardware store is a much heavier tool.

There are two styles, a Texas style that has a longer blade that is used to collapse a vertical dig wall. (Push it down into the dirt and use the handle for leverage to break up clods and work a vertical face.) The Missouri style is made for rocky digs, and I think have shorter blades.

Creek Dalton on YouTube used to make and sell Missouri ones.

YouTube video shows how to make one yourself... If you have the tools or a friend with them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread