found some nice quartz points this week

Wes213

Jul 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first two on the bottom left are knifes I think? The larger oval one a scraper or perforator? image.jpg

Upvote 0

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
Nice quartz points. You must be in the Southeast ? Points like that are found in upstate S.C., sometimes.

OP
OP
W

Wes213

Jul 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ones Im in NW GA. I have to go to NE GA to find quartz like that.

About 90% of what I find is Quartz. I do also on occasion find some chert points, but chert is not native to the area. But, some of the Quartz pieces can be very nice too. I find a lot of larger sized Quartz spears and preforms which I think are interesting and probably pretty old.

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
I grew up in Metter in southest Georgia and never found a quartz point there. In what area of southwest Georgia are you?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just outside the Quartz and Gold belt here in South East Tn. But occasionally a nice quartz point will turn up and I have a few. You have some nice ones please feel free to share what ever you wish !

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice points.Quartz points is something we dont have here in SE Illinois.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About 90% of what I find is Quartz. I do also on occasion find some chert points, but chert is not native to the area. But, some of the Quartz pieces can be very nice too. I find a lot of larger sized Quartz spears and preforms which I think are interesting and probably pretty old.

Its the other way around here very few quartz but plenty of nice flint like the stripped 1 in my avatar I found a couple of years ago. I love the skunk flint dont find much of it here and it was traded from Jasper GA which is about a 1.5 hours away from me on the road. Probably a week by canoe at least. Most of the fields I hunt has flint in it traded from other places.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread