One and one = one

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Over the course of hunting the last number of years, I've picked up a few pieces that were likely celt portions. Today I put two pieces together and came up with one piece that is likely a celt that was broken during manufacture. Due to lack of any polish on the piece I doubt it was exhausted, surely not used much if it was. Anyway I like when I can put two pieces together even if they aren't the greatest.
IMG_0861.JPG IMG_0864.JPG
IMG_0858.JPG

Upvote 0

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many times all they needed was one side with a bit and the back side semi rounded to take a blow wether it was mounted or hammered like a chisel. Amazing to find both pieces. I am still trying.
Here is a guy I follow on youtube. He is amazing with primitive tools. Here he shows how he makes a celt/adze and its use.

I watch his videos all the time the guy is unreal , that celt is nice he even puts a nice polish on it And once he makes something he really takes the time to perfect using it. My next camping trip I’m gonna try and make one ..... I’m guessing it’s not gonna turn out like his lol

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This was found by my brother laying in a logging road broke in two peices, three if you consider the tip is gone. I sure wish he had found it also. 1228171926b.jpg 1228171927.jpg 1228171926a.jpg

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was found by my brother laying in a logging road broke in two peices, three if you consider the tip is gone. I sure wish he had found it also. View attachment 1531208 View attachment 1531209 View attachment 1531210

Man that’s a killer the serrations are beautiful that one may be worth getting somebody to craft a tip for it I’ve never personally had it done but have heard those a few guys that can match the material and flaking patterns to complete broken points.

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is definetely one of the most finely made pieces I have, I would love to see it restored, but it is still one of my best even missing the tip. The pictures dont do it justice.

OP
OP
quito

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Was that a newly found 1/2 you were able to put together with an earlier piece? Or are you just going through pieces?

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was that a newly found 1/2 you were able to put together with an earlier piece? Or are you just going through pieces?
Going thru pieces, came across some old matches boxed away ill try n post em soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread