good place for a camp?

itzyoboyandrew

May 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After loosing permission to dig at the area circled red, im looking for a new spot.. Ive never actually looks for an indian settlement so i could be wrong on this but the area circled in green down the creek, looks like a nice elevated spot for a settlement IMO. the circled red area - i have found an arrow head and pottery there before. but i want opinions from the experts if the green circled spot looks like a good spot - or is it too close?

good place.PNG

dont mind the black lines, just areas where i crossed out identifying marks.

ALSO: if it turns out to be a good place to look, the whole thing is a plowed field, so would be good place to surface find hopefully

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found signs on every hill top in the areas I have permission to look. I dont dig I just surface hunt.

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you found one you will find more - that philosophy has always worked for me. Good luck.

Mrdigz

Nov 14, 2015
Long Island ,NY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT pros. Bullseye 2 & Bullseye trx pinpointers.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you only found one point and some pottery on your last site the new site could possibly be the spot your looking for. Also, If the new location is plowed you should know in a couple of days if your on to something. Good luck! HH

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
any high ground near water

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my friend has permission near a creek,he took me and we hunting a while found some good stuff then he started talking about digging,told him to dig up there,and he has found two cache's and many good points.ill try too get the picks off my phone and start a new thread about it.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated plowed ground will tell a story. In my area there is not a hill top anywhere that does not have some kind of sign of occupation. Good Luck !!!!!!!!!

Bow Only

Jun 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The area just above the steep ridge south of the creek below the black lines would be an area I'd focus on as well. There looks like there is a big flood plain below the top of the hill. Get as close to the creek as possible but be up high out of the flood plain. Anything below the plain will be seasonal campsites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread