A small frame of my stone finds

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's been an unproductive Summer and other than a few pieces of pottery I've not found much this year but thought I would at least try to start some frames. A. C. Moore is having a half price sell on all their frames and I picked up a small one for my meager stone finds, most of what I find is pottery but occasionally I get lucky and find something different. I will need a huge frame or two for the pottery since I have found over 300 pieces. All of these are personal finds on my property in a creek except the 3 knives (jasper, black & gray flint) at the bottom are a gift from my son who lives in the higher northern mountains and they were probably Cherokee made. Mine are from the Catawba/Sioux speaking tribes in the southern mountains. There are some brokes in the frame and it's a mystery and speculation of what they are from but I'm hoping someday to find the other pieces to them, the center is the only stone game piece I've found and hoping to some day find more of them. Thanks for the look and HH

WP_20171008_005.jpg

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have some nice Savannah River points and they could be older than the two tribes you talked about. The small arrow points may be getting into that time. Nice frame nice collection.

filmiracl

Nov 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good to me! Broken points have the same historic significance as a whole point, as such, I treat them the same. I don't care what the look like... I like the history! Plus you do have some nice ones in there and a nice variety.

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those made for a nice framing and if I'm not mistaken you spent a lot of hours finding those, but persistence paid off! There's always an added satisfaction for artifacts found on ones own property.
In many places artifact hunting is not for the faint of heart. Rather, artifact hunting it's more like learning to play an instrument well, its requires dogged determination and practice. And the added bonus is that, who knows what might come to the surface next year or the year after that. The imagination of possibilities can be an incentive to the hunter persistence.
Cheers to your next frame of points!

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys and with the coming cold weather and death of the overgrowth and hibernation of critters that like to bite I will be back in the creek to hunt some more. I hate Winter and the cold but it does have some advantages :thumbsup: We've had a rainy spring and summer and I'm hoping some things have washed out to be found.

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking frame...... And as long as you keep looking it'll grow

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

coosakid

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys and with the coming cold weather and death of the overgrowth and hibernation of critters that like to bite I will be back in the creek to hunt some more. I hate Winter and the cold but it does have some advantages [emoji106] We've had a rainy spring and summer and I'm hoping some things have washed out to be found.
I know what you mean.... Sometimes depending on where im looking, I spend more time looking for snakes than points.... Definitely puts me off me game

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice display i hope you continue to find more to go with them, I love the little palmer it makes me wonder if those can be found around where I live.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what I was wanting to hear! I have one almost identical to yours and have always thought it was a Palmer but wasn't sure. Very unusual find for my area, Thanks a lot.
It's the one in my avatar. The archie here said it's made from black flint from east TN and is a Palmer, also said it is a transitional point from Paleo to Archaic and probably around 9,000 yrs old.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the lil' black one. Killer find any day!

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the lil' black one. Killer find any day!

It has a little story behind it. There's a spot that used to be tiny pebbles and sand and I was squatted down with a small hand leaf rake moving it around, letting the water wash it and then a flash of black the Palmer was waving goodbye to me...I moved super fast and grabbed a hand full of the sand and pebbles and was quick enough to save it. I knew as soon as I saw it that it was real special and literally ran back up to the house to show my son what I had found. To me it was and still is one of my top amazing lucky finds. I can't wait to get back down in those areas to hunt again especially after this last big rain. I've been looking from the top of the bank and things are looking pretty good in there, it's just so hard to get to right now dang it!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice frame and points. The game piece is very neat. I would like to come across one one day.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see lots of hard work and looking in that frame the only problem is if you find another it wont fit. You will have to get another frame or a bigger one. You have surly put your time in for those hopefully a new one will pop for you soon, rock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread