More love from Illinois

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out the other night and found this nice pink point. Its been in the water for a while because it had a bunch of green algae on it. It couldn’t have been in that spot for very long though because we just had a huge flood that churned everything up.

It’s a bummer because the leaves are already starting to fall and I have a bunch of creek that I won’t be able to hunt!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1537493393.715160.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1537493407.231462.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1537493422.766250.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking Point. I had the same problem at the construction site I was hunting today. Leaves everywhere.

Thanks! Best thing now will be a big rain in oct/nov after all the leaves have fallen to clear them out of the creeks.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Man, that's a really nice point.Congrats :icon_thumright:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking point. With the leaves falling, I'd say you got the "pick" of the litter.

OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find , you weren’t kidding about it being night time

I love hunting at night! With my schedule and three young kids night time is the only time I’m able to get away. The bugs are pretty bad this time of year but it’s amazing in late winter/early fall became the air is crip and the woods are completely silent!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You aint kidding on the leaves its still in the 90s here and the leaves are dropping already. I was hoping we would be missed by the heatwave this year but I guess Sept is it. Thats a nice looking point. Maybe I should hunt them at night seeing its so hot.

OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You aint kidding on the leaves its still in the 90s here and the leaves are dropping already. I was hoping we would be missed by the heatwave this year but I guess Sept is it. Thats a nice looking point. Maybe I should hunt them at night seeing its so hot.

In a way I find it easier at night because it’s easier to focus my eyes on one spot. During the day you see all kinds of colors and shapes in your peripherals and your eyes can start to dart around looking at those because they appear to be artis.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love hunting at night! With my schedule and three young kids night time is the only time I’m able to get away. The bugs are pretty bad this time of year but it’s amazing in late winter/early fall became the air is crip and the woods are completely silent!

I used to night quite a bit about 10 years ago. I found some really nice pieces at night, but two experiences with things in the tree line growling at me made me stop. Even if I carried a pistol I still don't to tangle with coyotes or bears at night.

Put some Bounce dryer sheets in your pockets. It always seemed to help me with the bugs.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a way I find it easier at night because it’s easier to focus my eyes on one spot. During the day you see all kinds of colors and shapes in your peripherals and your eyes can start to dart around looking at those because they appear to be artis.

I would crawl through midden sites so everywhere you looked the light lit it up like daylight. If it had just rained before I went the Flint would glow when the light hit it. I found a killer white Serrated Point walking out one late night just because I glanced to my right and it stuck out like a sore thumb about 25 feet away. I decided to check the area and found two more within 30 minutes and then I left.

ghp95134

Sep 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...Put some Bounce dryer sheets in your pockets. It always seemed to help me with the bugs.
I was told the dryer sheets keep bees away when you're eating outside; glad to hear it works on other bugs as well.

Thanks,
--Guy

OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told the dryer sheets keep bees away when you're eating outside; glad to hear it works on other bugs as well.

Thanks,
--Guy

I’ve heard about dryer sheets but never thought to bring them. I’m going to stick them in my hat the next time I go! Haha

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also try Skin So Soft spray. It smells kind of girly but it's cheaper than Off and doesn't stink as bad and it works. Sweat will remove it though so I always carried a small bottle with me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread