VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's cold and rainy here today. A couple of people asked if i would do a recap of this site. After emptying 20 some zip lock baggies I suddenly realized how much I actually found! So here we go. Glass trade beads that came from Europe in the 1600's - 68 and counting, 23 kettle points or triangle points, 6 different Jesuit trade rings,2 really nice gun flints a thimble and maybe a bracelet. Unfired musket balls and maybe a lead cross, 29 fired musket balls that might have been in the process of being melted down, a WHAT IS IT pile with a weird screw with no threads, over a 100 kettle chips where they were cutting up brass trade pots and making things such as kettle points or jewelry, etc. If I miss a chip it could be a ring! Dig everything! All in all a great site! I've only touched 10% of the 23 acre site and lost track of how many holes I dug! Enjoy!!!

Everything found was on private property with permission from the owner.

1.jpg 2.jpg Rings 10-26-18.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg

Upvote 0

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great stuff. I noted with interest that a couple of your copper or brass triangles were "lopsided", meaning they cut a square or rectangle of the material diagonally, from corner to corner, resulting in two somewhat lobsided triangles. But, then they slotted the shaft at an angle, so when the triangle was inserted, the tip of the Point would point straight up, as it had to to be effective. One of the two such kettle points I have been lucky to find was produced that way, by cutting a square of copper in half diagonally. Thanks for sharing, you've put together a great collection of 17th century Seneca material.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That has to be the most impressive personally found historic artifact collection I have ever seen posted anywhere. Amazing pieces and kudos to you for taking on the endeavor of saving it. Thanks for sharing it with us.

OP
OP
VERMONTIS

VERMONTIS

Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites PI 1000, whites xlt, whites v3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Grim Reaper!!! I'm only looking in an area 100'x400'. There were 3000 to 3500 in population on 23 acres. Cant wait till they harvest the soy beans on the rest of the field :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread