We found a few and hand fun last time out

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't had much time for artifact hunting lately, nor many places to go, but got out with a hunting buddy recently and we both found enough to make it a good day. My best find was the little grey chert point #266, which we are considering one of the Delmarva Hardaway variants. Wish my friends porphyry/diorite bannerstone had been whole, but am thankful to see one turn up in any condition these days. HH
#257 Ed'd quartz point in situ.JPG #258 in situ on horizon.JPG #259 Ed's quartz point in situ.JPG #261 Ed's jasper lance point in situ.JPG #262 jasper triangle in situ.JPG #263 in situ.JPG #264 Ed's nice point in situ.JPG #265 Ed's arglite drill in situ.JPG #266 in hand.JPG #266 in situ.JPG #267 Ed's thin chert triangle point.JPG #269 Ed's half of bannerstone.JPG finds numbered.JPG

Upvote 0

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. Believe you're right about 266.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds , you guys had a great day that Hardaway is really nice .... pretty old site have you found any Paleo era artifacts before ? We got a ton of rain last night probably some more waiting for you.

tnmudman

Feb 12, 2017
middle tennessee
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A lot of nice finds there. Even a broken bannerstone is a very significant find to me. I have been lucky enough to find one.I guess that is one of the most rare things to find.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and great in situ pictures. I've never found a whole Banner either and only have a couple small pieces.

OP
OP
R

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds , you guys had a great day that Hardaway is really nice .... pretty old site have you found any Paleo era artifacts before ? We got a ton of rain last night probably some more waiting for you.

Thank you. I have never found any Clovis, or otherwise clearly Paleo fluted points. I have a few brokes and unusual forms that I wonder about, and some tools that are suspect, but nothing that I could argue is clearly Paleo. I got out for a walk yesterday when the rain slowed to a drizzle, but all I picked up was a small expended quartz point, and crude maroon chert thumbnail scraper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions