monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's bad enough with the fakes out there, but then there is this stuff. What's so bad someone will buy this or go find something like it and argue that it's a artifact. Screenshot_20200220-124632.png Screenshot_20200220-124517.png FB_IMG_1581234336635.jpg

Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
have you seen the chinese fake high end coins? talk about fakes, these babies are well made too!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have you seen the chinese fake high end coins? talk about fakes, these babies are well made too!

Yea, I've seen those as well as nice gold and silver bars with serial numbers like the real deal. its digusting.

PaleoPrincess

Mar 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, I've got better looking shapes than that in the woods behind my house. I could sell them? We've got 20k in credit card debt and I couldn't do that kind of dirty deed. Maybe a GoFundMe.

That’s all I can think! I will sell every rock in my driveway and retire!

Fred250

Jun 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My ancestors were a lot more skilled than that. It's kind of aggravating that when they did something really complicated, it had to be aliens that helped them or Europeans that came here before Colombus.

What if your ancestors weren’t the first species to get to America. We’d all have to broaden our horizons on what constitutes an artifact.

Fred250

Jun 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably gotta do some swimming to find an otter tool, but I’d like to see them if you got them. I’m not trying to vouch for eBay stuff, just trying to point out stone tools in other parts of the world are just rocks here, but for how much longer?

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably gotta do some swimming to find an otter tool, but I’d like to see them if you got them. I’m not trying to vouch for eBay stuff, just trying to point out stone tools in other parts of the world are just rocks here, but for how much longer?

Here’s a tip: oceans, lakes, ponds, river and stream bottoms are littered with Otter tools. I’m sure this is valuable info to a motivated entrepreneur.

But seriously, it is remarkable (and annoying) that those who seem to stumble over so many of these “rocks” feel so confident in leaping to wishful conclusions about them, and at the same time struggle to find an obvious Stone Age (NA) artifact.
Adding to this schism is the strong protest mounted when someone with years of experience asks, What evidence?

No disrespect intended to anyone, especially you.

Fred250

Jun 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have I been fooled by natural rocks? Of course. Have I been fooled hundreds of times by the tools, and yes, portable rock art, that I have collected over the years? Zero chance, because in my extremely biased opinion, I’m too smart to be wrong that many times and the odds are highly in my favor that some are artifacts. Why do so few agree with my opinion? The only way it makes sense to me is if I’m finding something different, either tools of a different culture or species than from the majority on here. Could I be way off base? Certainly. If someone told me they had strange tools they thought were of a different time and culture than are supposed to be here and it would take almost zero time or effort for me to check them out, I would just on the minuscule chance they were right. I guess that’s why I tend to give people a little more leeway, even though I only see just rocks in their posts as you do.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
look at all the hammer stones and pestles i just found!

Z

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Semi related, I’m working on cataloguing what I find Incase something happens to me. That way someone doesn’t assume my “native cell phone” is real because they don’t know better and it’s mixed with true artifacts... maybe some sellers have inherited collections and have no idea what is real and are just looking to make a buck while dumping a collection they don’t want.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread