100.5 KB · Views: 373
Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Shemanese

Jun 23, 2008
Re: A Big I don't know

Thanks,,Thot maybe it could be hafted and used as a hoe.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have to agree, just rock, it takes study & experience to define which are Artifacts. But keep on looking.. :thumbsup:

Molly. :)

Attachments

• agar.jpg
    agar.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 375
  • agar.jpg
    agar.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 368

riverhunter

Jun 29, 2008
Mid-Atlantic Coast

AND... Welcome to the site! Sinse no one has welcomed you yet- I will. We don't have a clue where you are so... hard to tell. Sometimes rocks form that way naturally. Sometimes yhey don't. Depends on where you are. Typical rock? Weird rock? What? Water can do crazy things to a rock. But if that's in the middle of nowhere, well, you have another story. Sinse you're new here, give us some info to work with.
as always, happy hunting!
Riverhunter

OP
OP
S

Shemanese

Jun 23, 2008

Thank You riverhunter. I was beginning to feel like chopped liver. lol I'm from extreme NE Ohio, inhabited by NY Indians many moons ago, (Lamoka, Lauretian)? the others are still being debated. Pre-Moundbuilder? Erie?, Missassauga?, Whittesley, and a sacred hunting ground. The above rock sure is unusual. Has a small magnetism to it. With all the other things I've found that are not common, it could be a Geofact or some kind of tool. Can't rule anything out yet. Please check out my other posts, as Gouges, and Mortars are quite rare. The Gouges were a woodworking tool associated with the Laurentian Indians of NY used during canoe making. These are quite primitive Gouges. They also used slate knives, but I can't find a pic of one. The Conical Pestles are found in extreme Eastern Ohio, and Ky. Not in the rest of Ohio. I have found many primitive tools that are not the norm for Ohio. I will continue to research what I've found but it is hard to find a reference with pics online. And I'm not an expert on these, yet. Again, Thank You for the Welcome.

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard the Indians in Central America you small rocks as trail markers. It seems most of yours has sharp points to them. I don't know in what position they were found or where, but if you think back to it you might decide if they were all aligned in some manner.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doubt they'll care much, 7 years later... no snark intended, just pointing out a fact.

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but that's just rock! Get you a book on stone tool artifacts that will help you out a lot! But keep looking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions