Labor Day Weekend fun

A

arrow719

It sure was nice to get out of the city for the weekend. The weather was a little shaky at times but all in all not that bad. Anyway I didn't get insitus because there was a chance of rain so I left my camera in a nice dry place. I only have the one point pic right now, I'll take more later. I hope you all had a great weekend too!

Attachments

• ldc108.jpg
    ldc108.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 311
  • ldc208head.jpg
    ldc208head.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been camping in a long time. Must be great to camp & hunt for artifacts. You've found a beauty there,Congrats Arrow. :thumbsup:

Molly. :)

OP
OP
A

arrow719

Ohio_Doug said:
Nice point! BTW nice ole Honda XR in the first pic :wink:

Thanks.....I love my old XR 500. It's the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

OP
OP
A

arrow719

Molly said:
I haven't been camping in a long time. Must be great to camp & hunt for artifacts. You've found a beauty there,Congrats Arrow. :thumbsup:

Thanks Molly....... you need to get out there and go camping! I try to go at least once a year.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last time I went camping was with my folks,I was 5 years old. My mother believes in comfort, she took her double bed ;D
We woke in the morning to a damp,stinky smell, there were at least 6 sheep in the tent. My mother didn't laugh but I couldn't stop, I thought it was the coolest thing ever.. ::) It rainned all week. After that we brought a caravan,so that was the end of camping. :-[
Good memories. We laugh about it now.
I miss riding too, haven't rode a motorbike since I was 17. These are two things I intend on doing again. I love bikes.
Thankyou for the pics,brought back some nice memories.

OP
OP
A

arrow719

Molly said:
The last time I went camping was with my folks,I was 5 years old. My mother believes in comfort, she took her double bed ;D
We woke in the morning to a damp,stinky smell, there were at least 6 sheep in the tent. My mother didn't laugh but I couldn't stop, I thought it was the coolest thing ever.. ::) It rainned all week. After that we brought a caravan,so that was the end of camping. :-[
Good memories. We laugh about it now.
I miss riding too, haven't rode a motorbike since I was 17. These are two things I intend on doing again. I love bikes.
Thankyou for the pics,brought back some nice memories.

A double bed? LOL I bring a king size air mattress and it is really comfy. I'll sometimes sleep on a cot too, also comfy. I guess someone didn't zip up the tent if sheep managed to get in. I can just visualize that happening. :laughing7: The rain stinks and so does snow while you are camping. Just wait until you know the weather is going to be nice and give it another try.

Two years ago on Labor Day Weekend we went camping up in the mountains. An early cold front went thru that sent the night time temps into the upper teens. It was late at night and we were all asleep. My wife got up to go outside to pee. She comes running back into the tent and starts shaking me to wake me up. I wake up and ask her what's wrong. All freaked out she says there's something out there. I said there's lots of things out there go back to sleep. She said no way, it was big and it snorted at her, LOL. I said I don't want to go out there it's too cold whatever it is will go away. But she wouldn't stop bugging me until I went out and made sure it was gone. So I grab a flashlight and go outside to see if bigfoot was still there. I saw at least four elk walking away. Their tracks went right up to our tent, they were just checking us out. I found my wifes shoes outside, she ran out of them, haha! I told her it was just elk, you can go back out and finishing peeing now. She said noway I'll wait until morning. I'm not sure how well she slept after that. :icon_biggrin:

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel her fear, I get spooked real easy at night. :-\ As long as no-one gets hurt, its all good fun.
Living in the woods, i hear lots of noises,critters on the roof,under the house, was scarey at first but I've got used to it now,thankgoodness.

One thing I love about camping, there's always a story to tell.
Great Thread Arrow, Thankyou. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread