First creek hunt. With insitus.

alkoz

Dec 31, 2006
Lansdowne, Pa
Hi, well we just did my first creek hunt at a creek that indians were known to live. We were looking around and my mom called me over and said she found one. She found a scraper, its kind of translucent. My dad found a rock with a hole which we dont know what it is. And I found again...............NOTHING!! I just dont get it, My parents find them and i dont. My mom does'nt even collect them she just helps looking for them. Even though they go in my display case and i get to keep them. Oh well, maybe next time i'll find one. Me and my dad will be hitting the spot hard once the winter comes and the weeds die. We will be ging there almost every weekend.Can anyone help us with the rock with the hole. Thanks.

IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg

Upvote 0

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unsure about the top pic,its too far away. The second pic, sure is a scraper,well done MoM. ;D
Just keep looking Alkoz, takes time & patience.

Good Luck.

Molly. :)

OP
OP
A

alkoz

Dec 31, 2006
Lansdowne, Pa
Hi everybody, this is Matt's dad(Matt uses my login) with my perspective of the hunt. It was a fun day. Took the whole family to a creek to look for arrowheads. Matt knows all the facts about the artifacts, but I just find it very relaxing to just slowly walk around and look for unusual rocks. It's nice to have a hobby that father and son can enjoy together.

Anyway, here's a better pic of the rock with the hole in it.
IMG_1983.jpg

riverhunter

Jun 29, 2008
Mid-Atlantic Coast
Hey there Matt (and Mom and Dad)--
Good work, MOM! And Matt... don't be discouraged. It takes some time to get the 'feel' of creek/river hunting. You'll get it-- and YES it is about the most relaxing thing I know- other than being bent over (my eyes aren't so good). I USED to have some really amazing spots here where I live- along a river-... but there seems to have been a surge in both interest and activity recently (thank you History Channel...).
Once I had actually found a point- I HAD it-- meaning that somehow, I 'understood' what I was training my eyes for/on. And when I see a bald eagle (not rare around here), I speak to it...prey to it... hoping for 'eagle eyes'. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Just don't ever give up. And oddly, when you find one, you'll see them easier there-after.
AND- remember too, that a campsight or 'living area' won't have the same stuff as 'hunting areas'. From what I've read (and I can understand the logic of the advice), campsights will have debitage-- flakes and brokes and points discarded because they just weren't working out (so to speak). But areas nearby which would have been good for hunting or fishing, for instance, would be where you'd fine the good items.
I'm pretty sure a lot of folks on line here don't believe that I know what I'm talking about, but that's due to the fact that I can't post pics (and won't try to post pics that don't adequately show what they need to show to be respected). So I'll leave it at that. You will have luck. Just don't give up. AND when the weeds, grasses and algae (in my case) die down, things will be much much easier-- I'm living for it! HH!
Riverhunter

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some days you can walk a creek for hours and NOTHING, same creek might have a killer after a good rain, but it is fun regardless, keep a huntin'! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread